Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: The 2015 CDI Pocket Guide helps you take clinical findings and dig deeper, looking for additional details such as medications and other conditions to develop the most accurate picture of the patient's condition.
Authors Richard D. Pinson, MD, FACP, CCS, and Cynthia L. Tang, RHIA, CCS, draw on more than 50 years' cumulative experience and provide the clinical coding authority to strengthen patient care quality and resource utilization, and improve compliance and reimbursement.
The 2015 edition of this CDI best-seller includes critical updates from the 2015 IPPS final rule and additional ICD-10 documentation tips to ensure you are ready for the national compliance deadline of October 1, 2015. Also new this year is additional information on value-based purchasing (VBP) and how CDI specialists can incorporate VBP initiatives into their health record reviews.
What's new in this edition:
- Addition of pediatric clinical indicators and diagnostic criteria
- New key references for shock, neoplasms, pneumothorax, functional quadriplegia, cystic fibrosis, asthma, intellectual disability, and more
- Standardized key references format for each clinical topic: definition, diagnostic criteria, treatment, references, coding and documentation challenges, and ICD-10
- Content expansion of MCC/CC section to comorbid conditions, including secondary diagnoses with a high-impact focus on MS-DRG and APR-DRG, quality, and CMS pay-for-performance outcome metrics
- Strategies for integrating CMS pay-for-performance initiatives into your CDI program
- Expanded reference citations of medical literature and other authoritative sources to support diagnostic definitions and criteria
- Exclusive Web-based resource center with detailed supplemental information and updates for all CDI Pocket Guide customers
- Expanded and updated ICD-10 tips and strategies
- A portable, tabbed, and easy reference to keep DRGs and diagnoses at your finger tips
- The latest coding guidelines and relative weights so you don't report inaccurate codes
- Newly formatted and expanded DRG Tips section that includes DRGs with clinical and treatment indicators for alternate and optimal DRG assignment
- Strategically placed ICD-10 Tips to start getting additional specificity now, in advance of the October 1, 2015 compliance deadline
- Clinical indicators to help identify documentation opportunities and formulate an appropriate query to the physician
- 2015 DRG table with relative weights, GMLOS, and transfer DRG indicator
My CDI Pocket Guide is an invaluable tool! I reference it daily in my reviews, writing queries and educating physicians regarding documentation opportunities. I would be lost without it!
Norma B., Clinical Documentation Specialist, Bay Medical Center
The CDI Pocket Guide is a practical, portable reference that the CDS can carry in his/her pocket and easily reference while reviewing the record on the Patient Care unit versus having to carry cumbersome ICD Coding books to the units with stickies and notes throughout the coding books.
Cindy Z., Corporate HIM Director, Yale New Haven Hospital
An essential tool for our documentation specialists and coders each section provides the clinical criteria needed to recognize documentation improvement opportunities in the medical record!
Karen S., HIM Director, Nanticoke Hospital
About the Author: Richard D. Pinson, MD, FACP, CCS, of Chattanooga, TN, has expertise in improving coding and clinical documentation, managing clinical resources, developing clinical practice guidelines, and using data to transform physician practice patterns and behaviors. He is a physician consultant and a former assistant professor of clinical medicine at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
Cynthia L. Tang, RHIA, CCS, of Houston, TX, is an expert in health information management, coding, and clinical resource management. She has more than 20 years consulting experience in redesigning operations to promote hospital financial health, improve clinical documentation, optimize reimbursement and compliance, and identify areas to improve care management and cost efficiency.
Condizione libro: New
Descrizione libro HCPro a division of BLR, 2014. Spiral-bound. Condizione libro: Good. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Codice libro della libreria 0982766440
Descrizione libro HCPro a division of BLR, 2015. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 1st spi edition. 274 pages. 7.00x5.50x1.00 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria 0982766440