A comprehensive and heavily illustrated guide to every species of British wildlife, this book is the definitive photographic reference guide for anyone interested in the flora and fauna of the British Isles.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Paul Sterry has written and illustrated more than 50 books, including the bestselling Collins Complete Guide to British Birds and Collins Complete Guide to British Trees.
Trained as a zoologist, Paul has been a wildlife photographer for over 20 years and regularly undertakes research expeditions. He has worked as a Research Fellow at Sussex University studying freshwater ecology. Paul is a keen birder and conservationist.Dalla quarta di copertina:
• A photographic guide to all common and some unusual species of British wildlife.
• Describes almost all mammals, birds, fish and butterflies likely to be encountered by the keen amateur naturalist in Britain, as well as all the common and widespread flowers, trees and shrubs.
• Also describes reptiles and amphibians, insects and spiders, molluscs and other invertebrates including those found on the seashore.
• Also included are some unusual species that are striking and therefore likely to attract attention.
• An essential addition to everyone's bookshelf.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro HarperCollins UK, 1997. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0002200716