Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop, a new title in Collins’ successful ‘Workshop’ series, provides a superb introduction to one of the most popular painting subjects. Its aim is to inspire amateur artists to create beautiful flower paintings in watercolour by developing their own style right from the start.
With this in mind, the book includes plenty of instruction on essential watercolour techniques and methods, as well as step-by-step demonstrations, interesting exercises, and practical projects with a system of self-assessment so that readers can monitor their progress. The many different styles and methods available to the flower painter are revealed through stunning paintings by the author and a number of featured artists, all of whom are top practitioners with a wide following.
The main artists featured are Hazel Soan, John Lidzey, Shirley Trevena and Ann Blockley, but the work of several other artists is also included to provide additional variety and breadth of content.
The book’s key features include:
Projects: practical projects, with a system of self-assessment to monitor progress
• Demonstrations: developing a painting step-by-step
• Exercises: additional exercises to put theory into practice
• Ideas: flowers with still life, in garden settings, close-up compositions, flowers in the landscape, flower portraits and studies
• Inspiration: a wide selection of flower paintings by the author and other well-known contemporary artists to show different styles and techniques
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Hazel Soan is a successful artist with an international reputation. She divides her studio time between London and Cape Town, exhibits her work widely, and her paintings can be found in collections worldwide. She is the author of 7 books on painting, regularly contributes to art magazines, and runs very popular painting holidays. She was an Art Expert on Channel 4’s Watercolour Challenge and has made a number of other radio and TV appearances both in the UK and abroad.Dalla quarta di copertina:
The workshop approach to learning to paint is based on active participation by the student under the guidance of a professional tutor. In 'Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop' instructional teaching is carefully combined with practical work, and its aim is to inspire you to create beautiful flower paintings in a style that is very much your own.
There is a wealth of styles and methods available to the flower painter. Flowers can be portrayed in a detailed, illustrative manner or in a loose, more imppressionist way – and with many variations in between. Watercolour is the ideal medium for painting flowers: its translucent washes and luminous colours on white paper very effectively portray the delicacy of flower petals, and the spontaneity that comes with working in watercolour perfectly captures the ephemeral nature of the subject.
The book contains a number of features to encourage you to try out techniques for yourself – just as if you were actually attending a painting workshop – and to stimulate you to create your own original work. These include:
• Projects – of varying degrees of difficulty and with a system of self -assessment to monitor progress
• Exercises – putting theory into practice
• Demonstrations – developing a painting step by step
• Methods and materials – comprehensive guidelines to improve painting skills
• Practical tips – helpful hints and checklists
• Ideas and inspiration – varied subject matter, including flowers with still life, gardens, patios and pots, flowers in the wild, flower studies and exotics
As well as Hazel Soan’s own paintings, the work of several other well-known contemporary artists is included , now illustrating a wide variety of styles and techniques, and revealing the versatility and beauty of flower painting.
Whether you are a beginner or a painter with some experience you will find 'Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop' an essential guide – inspirational as well as instructional – which wiull encourage you to paint flowers with increasing skill and confidence.
• Practical projects and exercises
• System of self-assessment
• Demonstration paintings
• Guidelines for improving painting skills
• Helpful tips and checklists
• Varied subject matter, including flowers with still life, gardens. patios and pots, flowers in the wild, flower studies and exotics
• Inspirational work by well-known contemporary artists
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro HarperCollins, London, 1999. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110004133323
Descrizione libro HarperCollins, London, 1999. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 4133323