A practical guide to choosing and making home furnishings with one of the UK’s leading interior designers, Jane Churchill
* Extensive reference section on all the basic sewing techniques
• Easy-to-follow instructions for making a wide range of beautiful curtains and blinds, bed linen, loose covers, cushions and table linen
• Special guide to furnishing fabrics – styles, patterns and weaves, plus durability and practicality
• Advice on how to choose the right materials and styles to suit your needs, and tips on how to combine colour, texture and pattern
• Illustrated throughout with examples of the most stylish and appealing soft furnishings for today, providing an invaluable source of design ideas
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Jane Churchill began her decorating career at the world-famous firm of Colefax and Fowler. Having opened her first shop at the age of 21( called Treasure Island and situated in London’s Pimlico Road), she began taking on private decorating commissions and launched Jane Churchill Design, offering her own range of wallpaper and fabrics. She later sold her business to Colefax and Fowler and has since built up her own independent decorating business. She co-presented the Finishing Touches TV series with Annie Charlton.Dalla quarta di copertina:
' Collins Complete Book of Soft Furnishings' tells you everything you need to know – ideas, inspiration, and lots of practical know-how – to create stylish curtains, blinds, cushions and covers for the home.
Paperback edition of the bestselling hardback.
Jane Churchill, the distinguished British interior designer, has presented the Granada TV series 'Finishing Touches'
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro HarperCollins Publishers, 1999. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0004140494