Popular watercolourist John Lidzey demonstrates a new range of ideas and suggestions for painting in watercolour by getting in closer and painting details of interesting subjects.
This inspiring new approach to watercolour painting is intended for those with some painting experience who wish to develop both their outlook and their technique.
John Lidzey encourages the reader to take a fresh look at conventional subjects by homing in closer and exploring new angles. A window seen through wisteria or a door covered in ivy; primroses growing at the edge of a pond; or the corner of a table with discarded breakfast things – these are some of the wide range of fascinating ideas and practical suggestions that he has to offer.
• BASIC TECHNIQUES AND MATERIALS
• IN THE COUNTRYSIDE Wild flowers, foliage, trees, animals, water, gates and fences, farm machinery
• ON THE SEASHORE Rocks and rockpools, marine life, boats, breakwaters
• IN THE TOWN Doors and doorways, windows, brickwork and textures, town gardens, figures
• IN THE HOUSE Room corners, windows and mirrors, found and arranged still life
• DEVELOPING YOUR WATERCOLOUR Drawing and painting from life, expressive techniques, dramatic light and shade, using colour creatively
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
John Lidzey is a very popular and well-known professional watercolourist, whose paintings have been exhibited and sold throughout the UK, as well as in the USA, Canada, Europe and Australia. He is also the author of Learn to Paint Light in Watercolour and Watercolour Workshop, and regularly contributes articles to the art magazines. He runs popular courses and workshops in watercolour painting and has made several art instruction videos.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0007158068
Descrizione libro Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0007158068
Descrizione libro Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110007158068
Descrizione libro Collins, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. New item. Codice libro della libreria QX-000-86-5294005