David Mitchell, who you may know for his inappropriate anger on every TV panel show except Never Mind the Buzzcocks, his look of permanent discomfort on C4 sex comedy Peep Show, his online commenter-baiting in The Observer or just for wearing a stick-on moustache in That Mitchell and Webb Look, has written a book about his life.
As well as giving a specific account of every single time he's scored some smack, this disgusting memoir also details:
• the singular, pitbull-infested charm of the FRP (‘Flat Roofed Pub’)
• the curious French habit of injecting everyone in the arse rather than the arm
• why, by the time he got to Cambridge, he really, really needed a drink
• the pain of being denied a childhood birthday party at McDonalds
• the satisfaction of writing jokes about suicide
• how doing quite a lot of walking around London helps with his sciatica
• trying to pretend he isn’t a total **** at Robert Webb’s wedding
• that he has fallen in love at LOT, but rarely done anything about it
• why it would be worse to bump into Michael Palin than Hitler on holiday
• that he’s not David Mitchell the novelist. Despite what David Miliband might think
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
‘One of the best celebrity memoirs of last year…his outsider geek personality translates just as well on the page as it does on TV.’ Metro
‘It livened up about half way through with the appearance of me. But enough of David's life. The book is wonderful from beginning to end.’ Robert Webb
'David Mitchell is an extremely funny man on screen, in person, in print and very probably underwater.' Sam Bain, co-writer of Peep Show
‘He can write’ Evening Standard
‘Fluent, discursive, intelligent.’ Evening Standard
‘If you like Mitchell on television, you will like him in this book.’ ShortlistL'autore:
David Mitchell is a comedian, actor and writer. He stars in Peep Show, writes for the Observer, co-hosts 10 O'Clock Live, has appeared in every TV or radio panel show except Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Quote Unquote and A League Of Their Own and has been in two films neither of which made a profit. He is married, childless and the polysyllabic member of the double-act 'Mitchell and Webb'. Soon he will do more.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2012. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria mon0000150428
Descrizione libro HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2012. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110007351720
Descrizione libro HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, 2012. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0007351720