Sharp, Register, and Grimes’ Economics of Social Issues originated the social issues approach to teaching basic economic principles and has garnered a loyal user following for its timely and impartial handling of current social issues that dominate the news. The primary objectives of the book are to create student interest in the study of economics and provide a framework of basic analytical tools useful in the understanding of social issues. This edition provides fresh perspectives on current societal trends and public debates to stimulate classroom discussion and help students learn the important basic principles of economics. Each chapter presents economic concepts then places them within the context of current issues facing society.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
1. Alleviating Human Misery: The Role of Economic Reasoning
2. Economic Systems, Resource Allocation, and Social Well-Being: Lessons from China’s Transition
3. Government Control of Prices in Mixed Systems: What Are the Actual Outcomes?
4. Pollution Problems: Must We Foul Our Own Nests?
5. Economics of Crime and Its Prevention: How Much Is Too Much?
6. The Economics of Education: Crisis and Reform
7. Poverty Problems and Discrimination: Why Are So Many Still So Poor?
8. The Economics of Monopoly Power: Who Does What to Whom?
9. The Economics of Professional Sports: What Is the Real Score?
10. Competition in the Global Marketplace: Should We Protect Ourselves From International Trade?
11. Economic Growth: Why Is the Economic Road So Bumpy?
12. Money, Banking, and the Financial System: Old Problems with New Twists
13. Unemployment and Inflation: Can We Find a Balance?
14. Government Spending, Taxation, and the National Debt: Who Wins and Who Loses?
15. Social Security and Medicare: How Secure Is Our Safety Net for the Elderly?
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro 2012. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. book Condition: Brand New. International Edition. Softcover. This is a Brand New High-Quality Textbook. Different ISBN and cover image with US edition. Fast shipping and ship within 48 hours by UPS/DHL global express service to any US destination within 3-5 business days. We do not ship to Po Box, APO and FPO address. Some book may show some sales disclaimer word such as "Not for Sale or Restricted in US" on the cover page. Some international textbooks may come with different exercises or cases at the end of chapters compare to US edition. Codice libro della libreria 003178
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Brand New, 20 edition, , color Printing, Softcover International Edition., GET IT FAST within 2-5 business days by UPS/DHL worldwide express with Tracking Number. Book is printed in English. NO PO Box, APO, FPO address. This is international edition. The international edition will has different ISBN and Cover design from US edition. Occasionally, international textbooks may come with different exercises at the end of chapters. Restricted sales disclaimer wordings //Not for Sales in USA and Canada// are printed on the cover of the book. It is legally to use the international edition in North America. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Codice libro della libreria 4808N
Descrizione libro McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2012. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0071318399
Descrizione libro Softcover. Condizione libro: New. Paperback. Book Condition: INTERNATIONAL EDITION, brand New, International/Global Edition, NOT LOOSE LEAF VERSION,NO SOLUTION MANUAL, NO CD, NO ACCESS CARD, Soft Cover/ Paper Back written in English, Different ISBN and Cover Image from US Edition; Sometimes, the title is different from US Edition, and the exercises and homework problem are in different orders or maybe completely different than the US edition, Please email us for confirmation. Some books may show some word such as Not for Sale or Restricted in US on the cover page. However, it is absolutely legal to use in USA. Codice libro della libreria 9780071318396
Descrizione libro McGraw-Hill Education. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. New, International Edition, 20th Edition . Premium quality books. Ship via FedEx, UPS, DHL. Delivery time is 3-5 biz days. Codice libro della libreria 0071318399