Nonlinear Optics is an advanced textbook for courses dealing with nonlinear optics, quantum electronics, laser physics, contemporary and quantum optics, and electrooptics. Its pedagogical emphasis is on fundamentals rather than particular, transitory applications. As a result, this textbook will have lasting appeal to a wide audience of electrical engineering, physics, and optics students, as well as those in related fields such as materials science and chemistry.
* The origin of optical nonlinearities, including dependence on the polarization of light
* A detailed treatment of the quantum theory of the nonlinear susceptibility
* An explication of dressed-atomic states of two-level atoms
* A complete development of spontaneous and stimulated light scattering
* A clear discussion of the photorefractive effect
* An introduction to applications including laser frequency modification, optical phase conjugation, optical bistability, and propagation of optical soliton
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
The long awaited and fully updated edition of the classic Nonlinear Optics, covers all the essential topics needed to gain a firm grasp of nonlinear optics - the interaction of strong laser light with matter.From the Back Cover:
Nonlinear optics is the study of the interaction of intense laser light with matter. The third edition of this textbook has been rewritten to conform to the standard SI system of units and includes comprehensively updated material on the latest developments in the field.
The book presents an introduction to the entire field of optical physics and specifically the area of nonlinear optics. Fundamental issues treated in the book include the electromagnetic origin of optical phenomena, the quantum mechanical description of the optical properties of matter, the role of spatial symmetries in determining the optical response, causality and Kramers Kronig relations, and ultrafast and high intensity optical effects. The book also covers applied aspects of nonlinear optics such as harmonic generation, the operation of parametric oscillators, optical switching, photonics, materials issues in nonlinear optics, and processes such as laser damage that can restrict the use of nonlinear optics.
This edition contains new material on:
* Applications of harmonic generation including applications within the fields of microscopy and biophotonics
* Electromagnetically induced transparency
* Spectroscopy based on coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (CARS)
Nonlinear Optics will have lasting appeal to a wide audience of physics, optics, and electrical engineering students, as well as to working researchers and engineers. Those in related fields, such as materials science and chemistry, will also find this book of particular interest.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97801212168011.0
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110121216802
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria B24S4-75
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 1991. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0121216802