Fundamental Neuroscience is the only comprehensive text that defines the full scope of neuroscience. Developed in accordance with results of extensive reviews by neuroscience instructors, and in cooperation with the Association of Neuroscience Departments and Programs (ANDP), this text is divided into seven integrated sections. Each section may be used for a specific course, or the full text may be adopted to provide a broad-based curriculum that will carry the student from molecular to cognitive neuroscience.
* Written by approximately 100 authors who are specialists in their field; careful editing ensures a uniform style and cross-referencing
* Prepared in cooperation with the Association of Neuroscience Departments and Programs
* Internationally renowned editorial board
* Developed in accordance with results of careful, extensive reviews by neuroscience instructors
* Comprehensive coverage of molecular, cellular, developmental, organismal, behavioral, and cognitive neuroscience
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
This updated second edition of the highly successful textbook Fundamental Neuroscience, builds on the strengths of the first edition by expanding the existing sections, providing better cross-referencing and a more cohesive presentation of the information. The thoroughly revised text features over 25% new material including completely new chapters, illustrations, and a CD-ROM containing all the figures from the text. More concise and manageable than the previous edition, this book has been retooled to better serve its audience in the neuroscience and medical communities.
* Logically organized into 7 sections, with uniform editing of the content for a "one-voice" feel throughout all 54 chapters
* Includes numerous text boxes with concise, detailed descriptions of specific experiments, disorders, methodological approaches, and concepts
* Well-illustrated with over 850 full color figures, also included on the accompanying CD-ROM
Floyd Bloom was the editor of Science magazine, now Brain Research.
Story Landis is a past secretary of the Society.
Larry R. Squire is Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Neurosciences, and Psychology at the University of California, San Diego. He is also a Research Career Scientist at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in San Diego. Squire is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and a past president of the Society for Neuroscience.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Academic Press. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 0127808701 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0042169
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110127808701
Descrizione libro Academic Press, 1998. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0127808701