Introduccion a la linguistica espanola provides a systematic overview of key areas of Spanish linguistics, including the sound system, forms of words, syntactic patterns, the development of the language, and regional, social and contextual variation. Written entirely in Spanish from the viewpoint of contemporary descriptive linguistics, it employs a flexible theoretical approach that incorporates trends from different schools of linguistics as well as the most recently published research.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
I think it is an excellent book for the following reasons:
1. It is very well written with excellent and copious examples of each phenomenon discussed.
2. The introduction of "actividades" after each major point allows students to apply what they have learned immediately. Since the activities are not rote, students have to demonstrate mastery of the material. This is a very sound pedagogical strategy.
3. The textual reference to the Cuaderno de ejercicios also allows students to again practice what they have learned. Again, this is a very sound pedagogical technique.
4. The Práctica at the end of each chapter once again allows students to demonstrate that they have the learned the priniciples sest forth in each chapter. Students need all the practice they can get.
5. The Temas para profundicar are excellent because they allow students to do more in-depth application of the material in the chapter.
6. The quotations at the beginning of each chapter are an excellent point-of-departure that allows me to start to talk about the content of the chapter.
7. The "objetivos" also allows me to help focus student attention on the central topics of the chapter.
8. The bibliography is excellent.
9. The workbook, from my perspective, is an absolutely essential component of this textbook.
I think this is the best textbook available for this course. I am very pleased with it, and I wanted you to know this.
Frank Nuessel University of Louisville
Dalla quarta di copertina:
Introduccion a la linguistics espanola, Second Edition provides students with an introduction to the structure of Spanish, the focus of the first five chapters, and its functioning in society, covered in the second half of the text. Taking contemporary descriptive linguistics as its starting point, it incorporates recently published research representing trends from different schools of linguistics to help students gain a broad understanding of the structure and usage of the Spanish language. Thoroughly revised, in accessible prose, and incorporating user-friendly new pedagogical features, Introduccion a la linguistics espanola, Second Edition is an ideal book for an introductory survey course or for review work at a more advanced level.NEW TO THIS EDITION IN THE TEXT
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110131109596
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. New item. Codice libro della libreria QX-005-69-2377102
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 2. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0131109596
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97801311095991.0