A comprehensive, student-centered, and flexible introduction to sight singing, Progressive Sight Singing, Second Edition, by Carol Krueger, presents students with the underlying grammar and syntax of musical structure and prepares them to perceive that structure with both the ear and the eye. Working from the premise that students learn musical skills in much the same order as they do language skills, the book trains the ear first--through hearing and imitating patterns--before teaching students to read and write.
Divided into two parts, the text presents rhythmic exercises in Part I and melodic exercises in Part II. The two sections can be used concurrently over a four-semester course sequence, giving instructors the flexibility to teach at a pace that suits the abilities and backgrounds of a particular class or course schedule.
· Adds only one new element per chapter and incorporates components from previous chapters into examples and exercises, continuously reinforcing learned skills
· Integrates a rich variety of well-paced, graduated exercises for classroom study and individual practice outside of class
· Includes an abundance of rhythmic exercises, eliminating the need for a separate rhythm text
· Encourages students to participate actively (sing, chant, write, improvise) in the practice of each concept
· Offers instructors great flexibility in that they can use the tonal and reading systems they prefer; the appendixes provide a brief overview of each system
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Carol Krueger received a DMA in Choral Conducting from the University of Miami and has taught in public schools as well as in higher education. An active clinician and guest conductor, Dr. Krueger is widely recognized for her work with music literacy and has presented interest sessions at the American Choral Directors National Convention in New York, the ACDA Southern Division Convention in Nashville, and at MENC and ACDA state conventions throughout the United States.
"I have not yet found a student in my program who did not benefit from Progressive Sight Singing. It contains clear, progressive examples that illustrate concepts from a variety of perspectives, so that no matter how a student learns, this book covers it."--James Wiznerowicz, Virginia CommonwealthUniversity
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110195386043
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA, 2010. Spiral-bound. Condizione libro: New. 2. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0195386043
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0195386043 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Codice libro della libreria Z0195386043ZN