Obstetric Anaesthesia for Developing Countries
Anaesthesia services in developing countries are often limited due to a shortage of basic facilities, equipment and drugs, as well as a lack of personnel and proper training. Anaesthesia services for obstetric procedures pose a particular problem in developing countries, where high rates of anaesthesia-related complications and fetal/maternal mortality are seen in connection with otherwise common procedures such as caesarean section.
This concise and practical pocketbook covers the basic principles of obstetric anaesthesia with a special emphasis on the unique challenges of service delivery in the developing world. The book will be useful for a range of practitioners in developing countries including anaesthetists, trainees, nurse anaesthetists, and district hospital doctors.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
- 1: Martin Garry: Setting up a maternity anaesthetic service
- 2: Rachel E. Collis & Dermot G. Nicolson: Maternal physiology and pathophysiology
- 3: Dermot G. Nicolson & Rachel E. Collis: Pharmacology
- 4: Dermot G. Nicolson & Rachel E. Collis: Monitoring the mother
- 5: Dermot G. Nicolson & Rachel E. Collis: Basic principles of obstetric anaesthesia
- 6: Eleanor Lewis & Sarah Harries: Pain relief in labour
- 7: Paul Clyburn: Spinal anaesthesia
- 8: Rafal Baraz & Paul Clyburn: Epidural anaesthesia
- 9: Paul Clyburn & Rafal Baraz: Complications of regional anaesthesia
- 10: Rafal Baraz & Paul Clyburn: Other local anaesthetic techniques
- 11: Rafal Baraz & Paul Clyburn: Post delivery
- 12: Eugene Zoumenou & Stephen Morris: General anaesthesia
- 13: Eugene Zoumenou & Stephen Morris: Complications of general anaesthesia
- 14: Raman Sivasankar & Sarah Harries: Pre-existing disease
- 15: Saira Hussain & Sarah Harries: The sick mother
- 16: Rachel E. Collis: Pre-eclampsia
- 17: Sue Catling: Obstetric haemorrhage
- 18: Raman Sivasankar & Sarah Harries: Embolic disease
- 19: Sarah Harries: Anaesthesia and analgesia for specific obstetric conditions
- 20: Isabeau Walker & Zipporah Gathuya: Intrauterine fetal resuscitation and newborn resuscitation
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.