Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition of Intuitive Biostatistics retains and refines the core perspectives of the previous edition: a focus on how to interpret statistical results rather than on how to analyze data, minimal use of equations, and a detailed review of assumptions and common mistakes. Intuitive Biostatistics, Completely Revised Second Edition, provides a clear introduction to statistics for undergraduate and graduate students and also serves as a statistics refresher for working scientists.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* Chapter 1 shows how our intuitions lead us to misinterpret data, thus explaining the need for statistical rigor.
* Chapter 11 explains the lognormal distribution, an essential topic omitted from many other statistics books.
* Chapter 21 contrasts testing for equivalence with testing for differences.
* Chapters 22, 23, and 40 explore the pervasive problem of multiple comparisons.
* Chapters 24 and 25 review testing for normality and outliers.
* Chapter 35 shows how statistical hypothesis testing can be understood as comparing the fits of alternative models.
* Chapters 37 and 38 provide a brief introduction to multiple, logistic, and proportional hazards regression.
* Chapter 46 reviews one example in great depth, reviewing numerous statistical concepts and identifying common mistakes.
* Chapter 47 includes 49 multi-part problems, with answers fully discussed in Chapter 48.
* New "Q and A" sections throughout the book review key concepts.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. BRAND NEW BOOK!! SHIPS WITHIN 24 HOURS! Tracking Provided. DHL processing & USPS delivery for an average of 3-5 Day Standard & 2-3 Day Expedited! FREE INSURANCE! Fast & Personal Support! Careful Packaging. No Hassle, Full Refund Return Policy!. Codice libro della libreria mon0000509454
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110199730067
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 2nd Revised & enlarged. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0199730067
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2010. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0199730067
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Codice libro della libreria 0199730067BNA