Analysis of Transport Phenomena, Second Edition, provides a unified treatment of momentum, heat, and mass transfer, emphasizing the concepts and analytical techniques that apply to these transport processes.
The second edition has been revised to reinforce the progression from simple to complex topics and to better introduce the applied mathematics that is needed both to understand classical results and to model novel systems. A common set of formulation, simplification, and solution methods is applied first to heat or mass transfer in stationary media and then to fluid mechanics, convective heat or mass transfer, and systems involving various kinds of coupled fluxes.
* Explains classical methods and results, preparing students for engineering practice and more advanced study or research
* Covers everything from heat and mass transfer in stationary media to fluid mechanics, free convection, and turbulence
* Improved organization, including the establishment of a more integrative approach
* Emphasizes concepts and analytical techniques that apply to all transport processes
* Mathematical techniques are introduced more gradually to provide students with a better foundation for more complicated topics discussed in later chapters
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
New chapters and sections clarify and expand upon the first edition
· Based largely on teaching experience with the first edition, the entire text has been reviewed in detail, and innumerable minor revisions made to improve clarity.
· There is a larger set of introductory examples (Chapter 3)
· The presentation of similarity and perturbation methods is now a separate chapter (Chapter 4).
· The discussion of fluid kinematics and constitutive equations has been reorganized (Chapter 6).
· The discussion of simultaneous heat and mass transfer has been expanded (Chapter 14). A new appendix section provides a review of essential maths
· The solution of ordinary differential equations is reviewed in a new appendix (Appendix B), which also summarizes the properties of commonly encountered special functions. BL New worked examples and end-of-chapter problems
· Overall, there are 34 new worked examples in the text and approximately 50 (exact number TBD) new end-of-chapter problems.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Professor William M. Deen is the Carbon P. Dubbs Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.Contenuti:
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Oxford Univ Pr, 2012. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 2nd edition. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria zk0199740259
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2012. Condizione libro: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: Deen's first edition has served as an ideal text for graduate level transport courses within chemical engineering and related disciplines. It has successfully communicated the fundamentals of transport processes to students with its clear presentation and unified treatment of momentum, heat, and mass transfer, and its emphasis on the concepts and analytical techniques that apply to all of these transport processes. This text includes distinct features such as mathematicallyself-contained discussions and a clear, thorough discussion of scaling principles and dimensional analysis. This new edition offers a more integrative approach, covering thermal conduction and diffusion before fluid mechanics, and introducing mathematical techniques more gradually, to provide students with abetter foundation for more advanced problems later on. It also provides a broad range of new, real-world examples and exercises, which reflects the current shifts of emphasis within chemical engineering practice and research to biological applications, microsystem technologies, membranes, think films, and interfacial phenomena. Finally, this edition includes a new appendix with a concise review of how to solve the differential equations most commonly encountered transport problems. Codice libro della libreria ABE_book_new_0199740259
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0199740259
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Condizione libro: New. Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 0199740259
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2012. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110199740259