Statistics for Economics, Accounting and Business Studiespresents an exceptionally clear introduction to statistical methods and refreshingly explains why particular techniques are used.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
'An excellent reference book for the undergraduate student; filled with examples and applications - both practical (i.e. computer based) and traditional (i.e. pen and paper problems); wide-ranging and sensibly ordered. The book is clearly written, easy to follow ... yet not in the least patronising. This is a particular strength.
Christopher Gerry, UCL
This fourth edition of Statistics for Economics, Accounting and Business Studies is written to provide a clear and concise introduction to a range of statistical concepts and techniques. Throughout the text the author highlights how and why these techniques can be used to solve real-life problems, ensuring that the material is relevant to the experience of the student.
· Assumes no prior knowledge of statistics or advanced level mathematics
· Numerous real-life examples, problems and applications are included, some based on Excel
· Calculating statistics on a computer is explained and illustrated using industry-based software, databases, etc.
· Boxes highlight interesting issues, common mistakes and give advice on using computers in statistical analysis
· A website accompanies the book with resources for students and instructors.
New to this edition:
· More worked examples and real life business applications show students how to use the various techniques
· Section exercises and end of chapter problems allow for practice and testing
· Chapters have been reorganised, making the order more logical and flexible.
This is a core text for introductory courses in statistics at undergraduate and MBA level. The book will be particularly suitable for economics and accounting students and will also appeal to those taking courses in business studies.
Michael M Barrow is Senior Lecturer in Economics at the University of Sussex and has acted as a consultant for major industrial, commercial and governmental bodies.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall. Softcover. Condizione libro: Neu. Unbenutzte Restauflage Unbenutzt. Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Shows how real-life problems can be solved using statistical techniques and explains why they are used. This book provides an introduction to a range of statistical concepts and techniques. It is useful for introductory courses in statistics at undergraduate and MBA level, and is suitable for economics and accounting students. 398 pp. Englisch. Codice libro della libreria INF1000004282
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2005. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P11027368308X
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2005. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Ships Fast! Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Codice libro della libreria mon0000460073
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97802736830871.0