This new edition of Industrial Organization improves on the success of the first edition, providing a strong link between the theory and analysis of industrial economics and giving real world application of the theory to the business environment. Extensive case studies provide vivid and entertaining descriptions of industrial market structures and business strategies and behaviour. This book is ideally suited to students on an intermediate or advanced level course in Industrial Organisation or Industrial Economics.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
A text that gets a consistently good reaction from students, Industrial Organization: Competition, Strategy, Policy has a balance of content that is spot-on for courses taught in the UK and the rest of Europe. It is specially written for the growing number of students studying industrial organization at intermediate to advanced undergraduate levels on degree courses in economics, business and management.
Praise from adopters of the first edition of this successful text:
¿my students have been happy with this text¿an admirable book¿ David Paton, Nottingham University, UK
¿nicely pitched at the intended audience¿it covers the course wonderfully¿ Michael Wood, London South Bank University, UK
¿the written style is definitely student friendly, which I highly appreciate¿ Sophie Reboud, Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, France
* Written from a European perspective, with an emphasis on European businesses and industries.
* A wealth of case studies and examples bring the subject to life with vivid and entertaining stories of real world applications. Leading UK, European and US businesses are covered, including Microsoft, eBay, BSkyB and English Premier League football.
* Only a basic prior knowledge of economic theory at an introductory level is assumed.
* Extensive coverage of current empirical research throughout the text , and an extensive bibliography, provide a springboard for students intending to study industrial organization at a higher level.
New To This Edition:
* New chapters on pricing, auctions and product differentiation bring you up to date with the latest thinking.
* Improved coverage of microeconomic foundations and the theory of the firm provides a broader understanding of these topics.
* Expanded coverage of seller concentration incorporates geographic concentration, specialization, horizontal integration and industry clusters in Europe.
* Fully updated chapter on market structure, firm strategy and performance includes expanded coverage of current empirical research in industrial organization.
* New Mathematical Methods Appendix provides derivations of important results, allowing technically minded students to develop their understanding, without compromising the non-technical style of the main text.
Dr John Lipczynski is Principal Lecturer in the Department of Business and Service Sector Management at London Metropolitan University, specializing in microeconomics and industrial economics.
Professor John Wilson is in the School of Management at the University of St Andrews, specializing in industrial organization and banking.
Professor John Goddard is in the School of Business and Regional Development at the University of Wales, Bangor, specializing in financial economics, industrial economics and the economics of professional sports.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Prentice Hall, 2005. Softcover. Condizione libro: Neu. Neu Schnelle Lieferung, Kartonverpackung. Abzugsfähige Rechnung. Bei Mehrfachbestellung werden die Versandkosten anteilig erstattet. - Intended for students studying industrial organization at intermediate to advanced undergraduate levels on degree courses in economics, business and management. This book lays emphasis on European businesses and industries and features case studies and examples with stories of real world applications. 780 pp. Englisch. Codice libro della libreria INF1000002081
Descrizione libro Pearson P T R, 2005. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 2. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0273688022