"Learning Irish" is an introductory course to the Irish language. The product of many years of teaching experience as well as much original research, it serves a double function: providing a sound pedagogical approach to the ordinary language learner and at the same time furnishing the professional linguist with an authentic description of the spoken language.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
BACKCOVER: * The most comprehensive and authoritative course available
* Suitable for beginners and essential for professional linguists
* Includes 36 graduated lessons in a 316 page book, and 4 x 60 minute tapes of readings, conversation and vocabulary spoken by native Irish speakers
* Developed at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies by one of Ireland's leading writers, poets and linguists
* Leads rapidly to complete written and spoken proficiency
* An essential introduction and guide to writing and speaking authentic everyday IrishAbout the Author:
Mícheál ó Siadhail has been a lecturer at Trinity College Dublin and a professor at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies. Other works of original linguistic research include Modern Irish (Cambridge University Press, 1989). A former member of the Arts Council and the Cultural Relations Advisory Committee of the Republic of Ireland, he was founding chairman of ILE (Ireland Literature Exchange).
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Yale Univ Press, 1996. Audio. Condizione libro: Good. book plus 4 audio cassettes. book is age toned, else unmarked and solid. cassettes come in original case and appear clean and in good working order. extra postage for international orders. Codice libro della libreria 4404660
Descrizione libro Yale University Press. Condizione libro: Acceptable. Sticker on cover. Ex-library, with some scratches but in good working order. Codice libro della libreria Z1-C-088-02752