Emphasizing the clinical application of drugs used in dental treatment, this comprehensive text covers the basic principles of drugs and their actions on the body. Providing a solid understanding of pharmacology content, it helps readers thoroughly evaluate a patient's current medical status and best optimize dental treatment in relation to overall health.
· A new chapter, Introduction to Antinociceptive Drugs, discusses the important topic of pain and provides new information on mechanisms of pain and therapeutic approaches to pain.
· A new chapter on serotonin pharmacology and antimigraine drugs covers the roles of serotonin and the importance of agonist and antagonists at the many serotonin receptors.
· A new chapter on Alternative Medicine in Dentistry provides a current treatment of chemicals used as alternative medicines and an assessment of the potential benefits and risks of a large number of these compounds.
· New information on pharmacogenetics provides the latest findings on how an individual's genetic traits affect his or her responses to drugs.
· The scope of the Non-Opioid Analgesics chapter has been expanded to include non-opioid analgesics, nonsterioidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antirheumatic, and antigout drugs.
· An expanded discussion of the endocrine system provides the most comprehensive coverage on the subject.
· Discussions of drugs have been updated to include the latest drugs and their pharmacology.
· Dental aspects of many drug classes have been expanded to include antibiotics, analgesics, and anesthetics.
· The uses and mechanisms of action of drugs have been linked to the latest information on drug receptors.
· Drug lists have been updated throughout the text to provide the most current information.
· Website addresses have been added where appropriate to provide another avenue of drug information.
· New figures help clarify mechanisms of drug action, in such areas as gastrointestinal drugs, cardiovascular drugs, and endocrine drugs.
· For the first time, every book includes a free six-month subscription to Mosby's Drug Consult. Mosby's Drug Consult provides the most current, unbiased, accurate, and reliable drug information available!
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Emphasizes the clinical application of drugs used in dental treatmentAbout the Author:
John A Yagiela, DDS, PhD; Frank J Dowd, DDS, Phd; and Enid A Neidle, PhD
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. PAPERBACK,Book Condition New, International Edition. We Do not Ship APO FPO AND PO BOX. Cover Image & ISBN may be different from US edition but contents as US Edition. Printing in English language.NO CD AND ACCESS CODE. Quick delivery by USPS/UPS/DHL/FEDEX/ARAMEX ,Customer satisfaction guaranteed. We may ship the books from Asian regions for inventory purpose. Codice libro della libreria ABE*SBC*##8123
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Softcover Book, New Condition, Fast Shipping. Ready in Stock. 5th Edition. [Please Read Carefully Before Buying], This Is An International Edition. Printed In Black and White. , Book Cover And ISBN No May Be Different From US Edition. Restricted Sales Disclaimer Wordings Not For Sales In USA And Canada May Be Printed On The Cover Of The Book. Standard Shipping 7-14 Business Days. Expedited Shiping 4-8 Business Days. ***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.*** The Books May Be Ship From Overseas For Inventory Purpose. Codice libro della libreria 283097
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. New, Softcover International Edition, Printed in Black and White, Only USPS Media mail Shipping ONLY, Different ISBN, Same Content As US edition, Book Cover may be Different, in English Language. Codice libro della libreria 989
Descrizione libro Mosby, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110323016189
Descrizione libro Mosby, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 5. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0323016189