- A full-color, student-friendly design with special icons that direct you to the CD and Evolve site, and checkboxes that help you to keep track of what you need to learn and what you have mastered.
Notes on Functions section explains each muscle's mover, antagonist, and stabilization functions to help you learn and retain content instead of just memorizing it.
Palpation boxes include numbered steps instructing how to palpate each muscle so you can apply this assessment skill in practice.
Expert author, Dr. Joseph E. Muscolino, shares his 24 years of experience as an educator to make this the most complete resource on musculoskeletal anatomy available.
- Evolve Resources include:
- Audio files for muscle name, attachment, and action review
- Terminology crossword puzzles
- Name That Muscle review exercises
- Drag 'n' Drop labeling activities
- Additional appendices supplementing The Muscular System Manual
- Review questions
- NEW & UNIQUE! Full-color anatomic illustrations drawn onto photos of the human body present muscles and bones in physical context to help students confidently identify musculoskeletal structures.
- NEW & UNIQUE! A bound-in companion CD-ROM enables students to examine muscles and bones layer-by-layer through an interactive review of the muscles in each body region.
- NEW & UNIQUE! Downloadable audio files on the companion Evolve website familiarize students with each muscle's name, attachments, and major actions, allowing for study anywhere.
- Content organized by functional group mirrors the way this material is most often taught, making this book more user friendly for the classroom.
- Expanded coverage of muscles, including new content on eccentric and stabilization functions, myofascial meridians, pelvic floor muscles, and more make this the most complete musculoskeletal reference available.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.