From the catwalk to the shopping mall, from the big screen to the art museum, fashion plays an increasingly central role in contemporary culture. Fashion Cultures investigates why we are so fascinated by fashion and the associated spheres of photography, magazines and television, and shopping.
* re-addresses the fashionable image, considering the work of designers from Paul Smith to Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan
* investigates the radicalism of fashion photography, from William Klein to Corinne Day
* considers fashion for the 'unfashionable body' (the old and the big), football and fashion, and geographies of style
* explores the relationship between fashion and the moving image in discussions of female cinema icons - from Grace Kelly to Gwyneth Paltrow - and iconic male images - from Cary Grant to Malcolm X and Mr Darcy - that have redefined notions of masculinity and cool
* makes a significant intervention into contemporary gender politics and theory, exploring themes such as spectacle, masquerade, and the struggle between fashion and feminism.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Stella Bruzzi is Senior Lecturer in Media Arts at Royal Holloway College, London. She is the author of Undressing Cinema (Routledge 1997) and New Documentary: A Critical Introduction (Routledge 2000). Pamela Church Gibson is Senior Lecturer at the London College of Fashion. She is co-editor of Dirty Looks: Women, Power, Pornography (BFI 1993) and co-editor of the Oxford Guide to Film Studies (Oxford University Press 1998).Contenuti:
Dedication Acknowledgements Introduction Part One: Shopping, Spaces and Selling Part Two: Catwalk and After Part Three: Images, Icons and Impulses Part Four: Spectacle and Subculture Part Five: Modes and Methodologies
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Routledge. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0415206863 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0203790
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. New edition. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0415206863
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0415206863
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110415206863