Discover how to achieve commercial-grade recordings, even in the smallest studios, by applying power-user techniques from the world's most successful producers.
Recording Secrets for the Small Studio is an intensive training course specifically designed for small-studio enthusiasts who want a fast track to release-quality results. Based on the backroom strategies of more than 200 famous names, this thorough and down-to-earth guide leads you through a logical sequence of practical tasks to build your live-room skills progressively from the ground up. On the way, you'll unravel the mysteries of many specialist studio tactics and gain the confidence to tackle a full range of real-world recording situations. User-friendly explanations introduce technical concepts on a strictly need-to-know basis, while chapter summaries, assignments, and extensive online resources are perfect for school and college use.
* Learn the fundamental principles of mic technique that you can apply in any recording scenario -- and how to avoid those rookie mistakes that all too often compromise the sonics of lower-budget productions.
* Explore advanced techniques which help industry insiders maintain their competitive edge even under the most adverse conditions: creative phase manipulation, improvised acoustics tweaks, inventive monitoring workarounds, subtle psychological tricks...
* Find out where you don't need to spend money, as well as how to make a limited budget really count.
* Make the best use of limited equipment and session time, especially in situations where you're engineering and producing single-handed.
* Pick up tricks and tips from celebrated engineers and producers across the stylistic spectrum, including Steve Albini, Roy Thomas Baker, Joe Barresi, Tchad Blake, Bruce Botnick, Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, Jack Douglas, Geoff Emerick, Paul Epworth, Humberto Gatica, Nigel Godrich, Andy Johns, Eddie Kramer, Kevin Killen, George Massenburg, Hugh Padgham, Alan Parsons, Jack Joseph Puig, Phil Ramone, Bob Rock, Elliott Scheiner, Al Schmitt, Bruce Swedien, Butch Vig, Tony Visconti, and many, many more...
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
'This, Mike’s second ‘Small Studio’ book...is a perfectly targeted and very readable mine of technical information, practical advice and real–world home–studio experience...it’s a book that I’d be very happy to recommend unreservedly to enthusiasts, students and experienced practitioners alike.' - Hugh Robjohns, Sound on SoundL'autore:
Mike Senior is a professional engineer who has worked with Wet Wet Wet, The Charlatans, Reef, Therapy, and Nigel Kennedy. He specialises in adapting the techniques of top producers for those working on a budget, writing regularly for Sound On Sound magazine's 'Mix Rescue', 'Session Notes', and 'Mix Review' columns. He is also the author of the best-selling Focal Press book Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria 21396399-n
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Codice libro della libreria SHUB2272
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Codice libro della libreria ABE-FEB-2272
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Codice libro della libreria 97804157167030000000
Descrizione libro Taylor Fransis. Condizione libro: New. Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 0415716705
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Codice libro della libreria ABEUSA-2272
Descrizione libro Focal Press, 2014. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0415716705
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Brand New Book, 460 Pages, READY TO SHIP BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Note:***WE DO NOT ENTERTAIN BULK ORDERS.***. Codice libro della libreria 622303
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Brand New Book. Codice libro della libreria 38038
Descrizione libro Focal Press, 2014. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110415716705