The book analyses how political parties compete and strategise on the issue of territorial reform using case-studies that include countries from both Western (Belgium, Germany, Italy and Spain) and Central-Eastern Europe (Poland, Slovakia and Romania). Each case-study considers different drivers of decentralization, such as territorial identities and the demands of regionalist parties for territorial autonomy or independence, efficiency concerns related to issues of uneven economic development and economic competitiveness, the pressure from supra-national organizations (especially the EU), as well as different combinations of these drivers. They also consider how the ideology and organisation of state-wide parties and the institutional context in which they compete shape their responses to these drivers and their strategy towards the question of territorial reform. This collection investigates the logic of the actions that guide political parties’ strategy to highlight trends that are apparent across the case-studies.
This book was originally published as a special issue of West European Politics.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Emanuele Massetti is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Gediz University, Izmir, Turkey. He obtained a PhD in Politics and Contemporary European Studies in 2010 at the University of Sussex, UK. In 2010-11 he was a Postdoctoral Fellow and Teaching Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, UK. His research interests are in the fields of political parties, ethno-regionalist politics and institutional reforms.
Simon Toubeau is García Pelayo Research Fellow at the Centre for Political and Constitutional Studies (CEPC) in Madrid, Spain, and a Scientific Collaborator at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. He holds a PhD in Political and Social Sciences from the European University Institute (EUI). His research interests are in the fields of nationalism, regionalism and federalism and party competition in Europe.Contenuti:
1. The Party Politics of Territorial Reforms in Europe Simon Toubeau and Emanuele Massetti
2. Party Strategies on Territorial Reform: State-wide Parties and the State of Autonomies in Spain Tània Verge
3. Party Strategies, Voter Demands and Territorial Reform in Belgium Kris Deschouwer
4. Sailing with Northern Winds: Party Politics and Federal Reforms in Italy Emanuele Massetti and Simon Toubeau
5. Party Servants, Ideologues or Regional Representatives? The German Länder and the Reform of Federalism Ed Turner and Carolyn Rowe
6. Party Strategies and Administrative-Territorial Reforms in Poland Martin Brusis
7. The Forbidden Fruit of Federalism: Evidence from Romania and Slovakia Daniel Bochsler and Edina Szöcsik
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2014. Hardback. Condizione libro: NEW. 9780415749022 This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. Codice libro della libreria HTANDREE0707500
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: New. Depending on your location, this item may ship from the US or UK. Codice libro della libreria 97804157490220000000
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2014. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Brand New. 160 pages. 9.21x6.14 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria __0415749026
Descrizione libro Routledge, 2014. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0415749026