NEARLY 16,000 ENTRIES INCLUDING 300+ NEW ENTRIES AND MORE THAN 13,000 DVD LISTINGS
Summer blockbusters and independent sleepers; masterworks of Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, and Martin Scorsese; the timeless comedy of the Marx Brothers and Buster Keaton; animated classics from Walt Disney and Pixar; the finest foreign films ever made. This 2015 edition covers the modern era, from 1965 to the present, while including all the great older films you can’t afford to miss—and those you can—from box-office smashes to cult classics to forgotten gems to forgettable bombs, listed alphabetically, and complete with all the essential information you could ask for.
• Nearly 16,000 capsule movie reviews, with 300+ new entries
• More than 25,000 DVD and video listings
• Up-to-date list of mail-order and online sources for buying and renting DVDs and videos
• Official motion picture code ratings from G to NC-17
• Old and new theatrical and video releases rated **** to BOMB
• Exact running times—an invaluable guide for recording and for discovering which movies have been edited
• Reviews of little-known sleepers, foreign films, rarities, and classics
• Leonard’s personal list of Must-See Movies
• Date of release, running time, director, stars, MPAA ratings, color or black and white
• Concise summary, capsule review, and four-star-to-BOMB rating system
• Precise information on films shot in widescreen format
• Symbols for DVDs, videos, and laserdiscs
• Completely updated index of leading actors
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Praise for Leonard Maltin’s "four-star"* Movie Guide
“Head and shoulders above the rest.”— The New York Times
“Inch for inch, dollar for dollar, Maltin's book gives you the most.”— Boston Sunday Herald
“Easily the most comprehensive book of its kind anywhere. It belongs next to every TV...in every home."—* USA Today
“A book you must buy.”— Esquire
“Distinctive, authoritative and personal. Its prose is so spare, rarely betraying biases or eccentricities, but the book lives so long precisely because every page has Maltin's unmistakable presence.”—NPR
“The best of the bunch.”— San Francisco Examiner & Chronicle
“The best all-purpose video guide.”— New York Daily News
“The best organized…the most complete.” —Newsday
“Indispensible.”— The New York Post
“The mother of all video guides and the first to buy.” — Louisville Courier Journal
“The definitive source of information.”— The Cleveland Plain Dealer
“I recommend Leonard Maltin's guide, which has become standard.”— Roger Ebert’s Video Companion
Recognized as one of the leading authorities on movies and movie makers, Leonard Maltin has become a household name and media personality due to his regular appearances on the highly successful syndicated TV program Entertainment Tonight; his daily radio feature, “Leonard Maltin’s Video View;” his monthly reviews in Playboy magazine; and his popular weekend TV show, Hot Ticket.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Signet, 2014. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P11045146849X
Descrizione libro Signet. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 045146849X New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.2021537