This new, fully revised second edition of Fundamentals of Molecular Virology is designed for university students learning about virology at the undergraduate or graduate level. Chapters cover most of the major virus families, emphasizing the unique features of each virus family. These chapters are designed to tell stories about the viruses covered, and include information on discovery, diseases and pathogenesis, virus structure, steps in viral replication, and interaction with cellular signaling pathways. This approach portrays the personality of each virus, helping students to learn the material and to build up their knowledge of virology, starting with smaller and simpler viruses and proceeding to more complex viruses.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
"I like the overall organization and "directness" in the writing. The chapter outlines that cover the basic features of the virus discussed are quite useful. The illustrations are clear and easy to interpret." -Michael Graves, University of Massachusetts - Lowell
"Having each chapter that covers a specific virus written by an expert in the field then having Acheson bring the material into a common style is an excellent approach. I enjoy the slight stylistic differences that I find in the chapters, but Acheson has a direct and concise approach that makes the information throughout the text understandable for students. Chapters are short and direct. The table of contents is informative. Sections within the chapters are logically organized and headings are informative. The boxes provide interesting side topics in an extremely concise manner. Overall, I find Acheson to be an excellent text." -William Tapprich, University of Nebraska - Omaha
"The conceptual approach to virus biology is the greatest strength of the text. The book has the appropriate level of molecular detail and it is presented in a manner that an undergraduate can readily grasp. It is a highly readable text." -Sharon Roberts, Auburn University
FEATURES OF FUNDAMENTALS OF MOLECULAR VIROLOGY:
* Clear style. Written in a simple and clear style for students with a background in cell and molecular biology.
* Full-color figures. Numerous full-color figures complement the text and illustrate virus structure, genome organization, and individual steps in virus replication.
* Extended coverage. This second edition has five new chapters: Cucumber Mosaic Virus; Viruses of Archaea; Viruses of Algae and the giant Mimivirus; Intrinsic Cellular Responses Against Virus Infection; and Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses to Virus Infection. All other chapters have been revised and updated.
* Study aids include thumbnail sketches of each virus group, informative chapter subheadings, and a comprehensive glossary with definitions of numerous terms.
* Chapter introductions give historical background and information about viral diseases.
* Text boxes throughout the book feature exciting and current developments in molecular virology or practical applications of viruses in science and medicine.
* Key Terms, Fundamental Concepts, and Review Questions at the end of each chapter help students review and organize information they have learned.
* Information on human pathogens. Includes chapters on important human pathogens including herpes viruses, hepatitis B and C viruses, human immunodeficiency virus, influenza viruses, measles virus, poliovirus, smallpox virus, West Nile virus, and others.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Wiley 2011-11-10, Hoboken, NJ, 2011. paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria 9780470900598
Descrizione libro Mississauga, ON, Canada: John Wiley & Sons Canada, Limited, 2011. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. 2nd Edition. ***Absolutely Brand New Textbook***. We sell only brand new textbook. All orders ship out same or next business day. We do not ship to APO/FPO address. We usually ship the textbook via DHL. FedEx or UPS express; your textbook will arrive within 3-5 Bus days to US and Canada via DHL express, 4-6 days to EU and Asia countries. Ship from Multiple Locations, including LA/US, EU, ASIA. We may ship the books from Multiple Locations for inventory purpose. Codice libro della libreria 12f170470900598
Descrizione libro John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 2nd edition. 528 pages. 11.00x8.50x0.50 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria __0470900598
Descrizione libro John Wiley and#38; Sons, 2011. PAP. Condizione libro: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Codice libro della libreria FW-9780470900598
Descrizione libro Mississauga, ON, Canada: John Wiley & Sons Canada, Limited, 2011. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. Ship out 1 business day,Brand new,US edition, Free tracking number usually 2-4 biz days delivery to worldwide Same shipping fee with US, Canada,Europe country, Australia, item will ship out from either LA or Asia,w. Codice libro della libreria ABE-7199938558
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: 11. Still wrapped, some shelf wear.HN. Codice libro della libreria UC-Y50U-8VHI
Descrizione libro Mississauga, ON, Canada: John Wiley & Sons Canada, Limited, 2011. Soft cover. Condizione libro: New. 100% BRAND NEW ORIGINAL US PAPERBACK STUDENT 2nd Edition / Mint condition / Never been read / ISBN-10: 0470900598 / Shipped out in one business day with free tracking. Codice libro della libreria ABE-7821752149
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0470900598
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110470900598
Descrizione libro Paperback. Condizione libro: BRAND NEW. BRAND NEW. Fast Shipping. Prompt Customer Service. Satisfaction guaranteed. Codice libro della libreria 0470900598BNA