Skills for Midwifery Practice: with Pageburst online access, 3e
This title is now available under ISBN 9780702052330.
This highly acclaimed step-by-step guide provides the relevant physiology, available evidence and rationale for each clinical skill. In a highly readable format, 'Skills for Midwifery Practice' offers self-assessment and short summaries, as well as detailed instruction on achieving a range of clinical skills.
Tells you everything you need to know about:
- Abdominal examination
- Assessment of maternal and neonatal vital signs
- Infection control
- Hygiene needs
- Elimination management
- Drug administration
- Intrapartum and other related childbearing skills
- Assessment of the baby
- Infant nutrition
- Phlebotomy and intravenous therapy
- Moving and handling
- Perioperative skills
- Wound management
- Restricted mobility management
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for the woman and baby
- An essential midwifery textbook that covers the fundamental practical tasks required of the student
- Clear layout ensures easy access to information
- Highly illustrated to aid understanding
- Designed to improve competency when delivering basic skills
- Expanded chapter on the skills used during the first stage of labour
- Application of national guideline for the management of care
- Postnatal examination
- Discussion of the use of infrared touch/non-touch thermometry techniques
- Specific information on locating pulse sites
- More on SATS monitoring
- Increased information on the skills for the second stage of labour, infant feeding and daily examination of the baby
- Greater reference to infection control protocols and the reduction of hospital-acquired infections.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.