Specifically designed for physical therapists in the primary care environment, this new resource helps the reader develop the vital communication and differential diagnosis skills necessary to provide high quality patient care and assume a valuable role on the health care team. Comprehensive coverage includes each skill that the physical therapist outpatient practitioner needs to meet the challenges of a changing profession: communication skills, technical expertise, and clinical decision-making ability. This reference helps the practitioner quickly develop an accurate physical therapy diagnosis; adapt an examination and intervention approach to meet the individual's cultural, communication, anatomic, and physiologic needs and abilities; triage patients from a physical therapy perspective and decide who requires the expertise of a physical therapist certified specialist; recognize patient symptoms and signs that necessitate communication with other health care providers; and participate in the decision-making process regarding the selection of appropriate diagnostic imaging modalities.
Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
1. Introduction to Primary Care Medicine
2. Evidence-Based Examination of Diagnostic Information
3. Cultural Competence: An Essential Element of Primary Care
4. The Patient Interview; The Science Behind the Art
II. Examination/Evaluation: The Patient Interview
5. Demographics and Identifying Health Risk Factors
6. Investigating Presenting Complaints
7. Review of Systems
8. The Physical Examination Begins!
III. Examination/Evaluation: The Physical Examination
9. Systems Review Including Vital Signs
10. Upper Quarter Screening Examination
11. Lower Quarter Screening Examination
Afterword: Including Patient Cases
IV. Special Populations
12. The Adolescent Population
13. The Obstetric Client
14. The Injured Worker Population
15. The Geriatric Population
V. Clinical Medicine
16. Pharmacologic Considerations for the Physical Therapist
17. Diagnostic Imaging
18. Laboratory Tests and Values
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Saunders, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0721696597
Descrizione libro Saunders, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110721696597
Descrizione libro Saunders, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. New item. Codice libro della libreria QX-209-79-7019707
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97807216965911.0