Monica Linford’s Chi Ball Method is now taught in hundreds of gyms in the UK and Australia, with her own merchandise and 4 videos supporting the programme.
Monica Linford realised that soft-impact exercise along the lines of yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Feldenkrais is the way forward for total fitness. She uses small flexible balls as part of the routine. The aim is not only to use exercise to promote postural fitness but also to move ‘chi’ (or vital energy) around the body. Her system is based on the Chinese idea of yin and yang and she advocates a different sort of exercise for different needs at different times of year.
Her method comprises of 5 elements:
• Tai Chi and Chi Kung (the Chinese model which uses repetitive flowing movements to improve circulation, concentration and co-ordination)
• Yoga (for strength, stamina and flexibility)
• Pilates (to build awareness and stabilise your torso)
• Feldenkreis Method (to return to basics and rediscover the flexibility and movement of childhood)
• Meditation and deep relaxation
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Monica Linford is an ex-dancer who has suffered the debilitating effects of ME (chronic fatigue syndrome). The Chi Ball Method has been developed after several years of training in Shiatsu and associated exercise techniques after she restored herself to perfect health in mind and body. The book is co-written by Jennai Cox
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Thorsons, 2000. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110722539932
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97807225399341.0