Now established worldwide as the standard guide to the recognition and understanding of the causes of deterioration in temperate and tropical fruits and vegetables, these two superbly illustrated full-colour volumes deal clearly, concisely and systematically with each of the main diseases and disorders, emphasising those of importance to international trade.
Dr Snowdon has designed each volume to be used in two different ways:
1. Full colour photographs and practical text provide the basis for preliminary identification by the owner or surveyor.
2. Using the microscope drawings and references, diagnosis can then be confirmed or modified by a specialist.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
...probably the best written text of the many I have ever read....For anyone involved in the commercial production, shipping, import or marketing of fruit this book is a must.
– Tropical Agriculture Association Newsletter
...well presented and ideally suited for those involved in the handling and storage of fruit...an easy and compact reference.
– Deciduous Fruit Grower
Volume 1: General Introduction and Fruits
1. Nature and causes of post-harvest deterioration: Investigation of losses. Post-harvest physiology of fruits and vegetables. Structure and function; Maturation, ripening and senescence. Nature of Post-Harvest deterioration: Physiological change; Physical damage; Chemical injury: Pathological decay. Factors Influencing Post-Harvest Deterioration: Pre-harvest factors; Harvesting and handling techniques; Conditions during storage; Conditions during transport. Aspects of Forensic Plant Pathology: Cargo surveys and the interpretation of evidence; Identification of diseases and disorders. Classification of Disorders: Nutritional disorders: Nutritional disorders; Respiratory disorders; Temperature disorders; Miscellaneous disorders. Classification of Diseases and Disease Organisms: Type of disease; Agents of disease.
2. Citrus Fruits: Oranges; Mandarins; Grapefruits; Lemons; Limes.
3. Miscellaneous Tropical and Subtropical Fruits: Avocados; Bananas; Guavas; Litchis; Mangoes; Papayas; Passion fruits; Persimmons; Pineapple; Pomegranates; Sour sops and Sweets sops; Other tropical and subtropical fruits.
4. Pome Fruits: Apples and Pears.
5. Stone Fruits: Peaches; Nectarines; Apricots; Plums and Cherries.
6. Soft Fruits and Berry Fruits: Strawberries and Raspberries; Blueberries; Cranberries; Currants and Gooseberries; Grapes; Kiwi fruits.
7. Melons and Watermelons
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Wolfe Scientific, 1990. Condizione libro: Very Good. 1st. N/A. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Codice libro della libreria GRP85493818
Descrizione libro CRC, 1990. Condizione libro: Good. 302 pp., hardcover, ex library, wear and rubbing to spine and cover edges else text clean & binding tight. Photos available upon request. Codice libro della libreria ZB1045348
Descrizione libro Wolfe Scientific. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Good. 0723409315 Good; Hardcover; Withdrawn library copy with the standard library markings; Moderate wear to the covers; Library stamps to the endpapers; Text pages are clean & unmarked; The binding is good with a straight spine; This book will be stored and delivered in a sturdy cardboard box with foam padding; Medium-Large Format (Quatro, 9.75 10.75 tall); Black covers wtih fruit and vegetable photos, and title in white lettering; 1990, Wolfe Scientific Publishing; 302 pages; "Color Atlas of Post-Harvest Diseases and Disorders of Fruits and Vegetables, Volume 1: General Introduction and Fruits (Colour Atlas of Post-Harvest Diseases & Disorders)," by Anna L. Snowdon. Codice libro della libreria SKU-U13YC01507236