Many books exist on various aspects of event management, reflecting growing academic and professional interest, but there has not been a book written on Event Studies until now. As the event management field expands, there is a growth in demand for advanced texts, particularly with a multidisciplinary research and theoretical orientation. Event Studies is the first text to embrace this new direction in the field of event management providing:
* Students and practitioners with an explanation of why planned events are important from a social/cultural, economic and environmental perspective.
* Readers with an understanding of how various disciplines and other professional fields view planned events, and the contributions they make to understanding events.
* Research students with a detailed evaluation of research issues and challenges, and of methodologies and theories applicable to event studies. The bibliography is extensive and numerous research examples are provided.
* Professionals with a tool to expand their knowledge well beyond the art and science of producing events to include the philosophical and scientific foundations of event studies.
For the event management student, and for professionals, Event Studies provides the necessary body of knowledge and theoretical /methodological underpinnings on the subject of planned events.
* The only comprehensive text on event studies, which includes theoretical and methodological discussion
* Provides a detailed overview of published research, an evaluation of research themes pertinent to events, disciplinary perspectives, and identification of research questions
* Provides a framework for understanding and creating knowledge about special events
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Don Getz is a Professor in the Tourism and Hospitality Management Program, Haskayne School of Business, the University of Calgary. Don is an ongoing Visiting Professor of Events Management at Griffith University in Australia, and also an ongoing Visiting Professor at Sheffield- Hallam University. His ongoing research involves event-related issues (e.g. management, event tourism, events & culture) and special-interest tourism (e.g. wine). Recent books include Event Management & Event Tourism and Explore Wine Tourism: Management, Development, Destinations. He co-founded and is a member of the Editorial Board for Event Management (an international journal).Contenuti:
Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview of Event Studies; Chapter 2: The World of Planned Events; Chapter 3: Foundation Disciplines (Part One); Chapter 4: Foundation Disciplines (Part Two); Chapter 5: Foundation Disciplines (Part Three); Chapter 6: Closely Related Professional Fields; Chapter 7: The Event Experience and Meanings; Chapter 8: Event Design; Chapter 9: Antecedents and Choices; Chapter 10: Management of Events; Chapter 11: Outcomes and the Impacted; Chapter 12: Events and Public Policy; Chapter 13: Creating Knowledge in Event Studies; Chapter 14: Conclusions.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Taylor & Francis. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0750669594 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0387337
Descrizione libro Taylor & Francis, 2007. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110750669594
Descrizione libro Taylor & Francis, 2007. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0750669594