More people visit gardens than go to Disneyland and Disneyworld combined, and more than visit Las Vegas annually, making it one of the largest retail sectors in the tourism market. Garden tourism is a unique text which explores the diverse and huge phenomena of garden tourism. Beginning with a discussion on the historical aspects and typology of gardens, it moves on to examine how garden evolution has been impacted by tourism demands. It looks at a wide range of garden tourism, such as Botanic gardens, house and garden tours, and nursery visitation to the important role of gardens in theme parks. Finally, it examines management issues such as sustainability, financial viability, capacity and environmental threats to suggest best practice and the future for garden tourism.
* Quantifies the importance of gardens and gardening today
* Describes the evolution of the modern tourist garden
* Shows how gardens around the world have different forms, roles and functions
* Looks at ten case studies of gardens in Britain (such as the remarkable Eden Project), the Americas (such as the NY Botanical Garden) and Australia (such as the Royal Botanic gardens).
* Looks towards the garden of the future.
* The only book to consider gardens as tourism destinations
* Puts gardens in an international cultural context
* Provides an historic continuum for garden destinations
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
40 million Americans visited gardens last year, learn where and whyAbout the Author:
Richard W. Benfield
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
(nessuna copia disponibile)
Se non trovi il libro che cerchi su AbeBooks possiamo cercarlo per te automaticamente ad ogni aggiornamento del nostro sito. Se il libro è ancora reperibile da qualche parte, lo troveremo!Inserisci un desiderata