Travel west through the Rocky mountains on the legendary "Rio Grande" railroad. Also known as the D&RGW, it is a favorite among rail fans and modellers for its breathtaking scenery and its fascinating narrow-gauge legacy. On it's journey from Denver to Salt Lake City the "Rio Grande" ran through the six-mile-long Moffat Tunnel, one of America's miracles of railroad engineering. This book treats the reader to a wealth of information including overviews of steam and diesel locomotives as well as famous passenger trains such as the Vista-domed California Zephyr (Chicago to Oakland, joint with the Burlington and Western Pacific) and the Royal Gorge (Denver to Salt Lake City). All aboard for a fantastic pictorial of arguably the most scenic railroad in America.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
· Part of MBI’s newly redesigned Railroad Color History series, this hardcover book features over 150 dazzling photographs
· Boasted as the most scenic railroad in U.S. history
· Rio Grande served the west including Denver and Salt Lake City
· D&RGW’s narrow gauge Durango to Silverton line is a popular tourist line today
· Includes Rio Grande print advertising
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Voyageur Press, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX076031442X
Descrizione libro Voyageur Press, 2003. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P11076031442X