The true story behind the motor racing legend Sir Jack Brabham. The book presents a fascinating account of life, including unpublished material detailing his early racing career on two wheels and four in Australia. It covers his incredible career from 1953-1970 which saw him win three Formula 1 Driver's World Championship titles, multiple F2 Championships, become the world's first dominant manufacturer of single-seater racing cars and the first - and so far only - driver to win a World Title in a car bearing his own name. The book is lavishly illustrated with photographs, memorabilia and superb full-color photographs of his racing cars. The book's highly entertaining and detailed narrative will appeal to both racing enthusiasts and a general readership.
· The definitive autobiography of Australia’s 3-time
· Formula 1 World Champion Driver
· Illustrated with unique photographs and memorabilia from Sir Jack Brabham’s personal collection
· Specially commissioned full-color photographs of the racing cars built and raced by Brabham
· Features personal insights from leading motor racing figures, including Sir Stirling Moss, Sir Jackie Stewart, Roy Salvadori, Dan Gurney and Mario Andretti
· Special feature spreads and sidebars offer anecdotal stories from Brabham’s incredible career
Doug Nye is a world authority on motor racing history. Since 1970 he has written more than 70 books on the subject, including The Grand Prix Car, Lotus, BRM, Cooper, Ferrari and Mc Laren. He became the first ever three-time winner of the Guild of Motoring Writers’ prestigious Montagu Trophy for the best motoring book of the year, and has twice won their Dreyfus Trophy for the year’s outstanding journalistic effort by a motoring writer. Nye is a regular contributor to several automotive magazines and is a historical consultant to the Donington Collection of Grand Prix Racing Cars. He is also a racing car consultant to Bonhams auctioneers and is an Associate Member of the British Racing Driver’s Club.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Motorbooks, 2004. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110760315906
Descrizione libro Motorbooks. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 0760315906 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.1281689