The TCP/IP Bible provides comprehensive coverage of everything you need to know about the latest in protocols, including:
* TCP/IP communication fundamentals
* TCP/IP and the OSI model, network topologies
* TCP/IP architecture
* configuration on different platforms
* common TCP/IP applications
* designing and building TCP/IP networks
* TCP/IP use for Internet access including firewall
* PKI and VPN coverage
* TCP/IP usage for printing
* remote access and file sharing
* video and advanced data access
* e-mail, security considerations and other network uses
* detailed troubleshooting information.
The TCP/IP Bible was written from the hands-on experience from network experts, Rob Scrimger and Paul LaSalle, who provide you with practical examples, tips, and hints.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
The TCP/IP Bible sounds like it's purely an in-depth look at Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and Internet Protocol (IP)--usually referred to collectively as TCP/IP--as well as the other protocols that traditionally make up a TCP/IP "stack." That's not really what it is. Though the authors cover the TCP/IP protocols (bit by bit in many cases), it is instead more of a general networking book, with coverage of everything from how to wire up a switch on a local area network (LAN) to where to place your servers relative to your routers. TCP/IP Bible is a good general networking book, worth its cover price for someone who's getting into the field for the first time or an experienced technician wanting to understand the protocols and their capabilities more fully.
Written by a large team of authors, this book combines explanatory text with diagrams and screen shots. The authors are most effective when they refer frequently to illustrations as they explain what's talking to what. They sort of drop the ball in their documentation of field values and other discrete, enumerable facts--they tend to list values without explaining what they mean. The lesson: Stay clear of this book if you aim to write support for TCP/IP into software, and turn to it instead if your job is to design, administer, or troubleshoot a network running TCP/IP. --David Wall
Topics covered: The protocols in the TCP/IP suite (including FTP, SMTP, Telnet, and others) and how they're implemented in popular operating systems (notably Microsoft Windows NT, Mac OS, and Linux). Further coverage addresses questions of network design, troubleshooting, and efficiency.From the Back Cover:
Master the Power of TCP/IP Filled with crystal-clear explanations and hands-on networking solutions, this is the ultimate guide to TCP/IP, whether you're a veteran administrator looking for a comprehensive general reference or a certification candidate looking for an in-depth exam-preparation resource. Two TCP/IP experts, along with the pros at NIIT, a leading IT training company, guide you step by step through the ins and outs of this crucial network and Internet protocol, from architecture and configuration to applications and implementation. It's all you need to set up or fine-tune a TCP/IP network - and take TCP/IP applications to the limit. Inside, you'll find complete coverage of TCP/IP
* Get up to speed on the OSI reference model, network topologies, and other basics
* Understand the inner workings of each layer in the TCP/IP architecture
* Install and configure TCP/IP on Unix, Linux, or Windows systems
* Tackle name resolution including host names, FQDN's, and NetBIOS names
* Learn the details of remote command utilities, Web servers, enterprise information services, and other TCP/IP applications
* Choose an addressing scheme and design routing for a TCP/IP network
* Plan for network server placement and remote access needs
* Secure, troubleshoot, and monitor a TCP/IP network
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 1. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0764548425
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97807645484201.0
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110764548425
Descrizione libro Wiley. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0764548425 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0410979
Descrizione libro John Wiley & Sons. Condizione libro: New. pp. 624 This item is printed on demand. Codice libro della libreria 7600169
Descrizione libro John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2001. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 1st edition. 599 pages. 9.25x7.50x1.25 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria zk0764548425