* This is the "user manual" that didn't come with any of the 30 million GPS receivers currently in use, showing readers how to modify, tweak, and hack their GPS to take it to new levels!
* Crazy-cool modifications include exploiting secret keycodes, revealing hidden features, building power cords and cables, hacking the battery and antenna, protecting a GPS from impact and falls, making a screen protector, and solar-powering a GPS
* Potential power users will take the function and performance of their GPS to a whole new level by hacking into the firmware and hacking into a PC connection with a GPS
* Fear not! Any potentially dangerous mod (to the device) is clearly labeled, with precautions listed that should be taken
* Game time! Readers can check out GPS games, check into hacking geocaching, and even use a GPS as a metal detector
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
You'll get lost in this book, but nowhere else
Your GPS is a really cool toy, but what if you could make it even cooler? What if you could build and hook up data cables, modify your iPAQ cradle to take a GPS connection, tweak the firmware, hook up to your PC without expensive software, use GPS data in a hundred creative ways, even solar-power your GPS? Suppose you could beef up your "first to find" quotient when geocaching, or use your GPS as a super-accurate clock. Well, you can. Read on—your adventure is just beginning!
Here's how to soup up your GPS
Covers both Garmin and Magellan models
Kathie Kingsley-Hughes has authored several technical/programming books and contributes regularly to a variety of forums on GPS and other high-tech outdoor devices. A zealous hiker, backpacker, and geocacher, she is rarely seen without her GPS (and usually a digital camera, spare batteries, sleeping bag, and similar survival gear!)
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Wiley, 2005. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P110764584243