This new edition of the unabridged Business English dictionary has its roots both in consultation with specialists in the technical vocabulary of various sectors and in Garzanti Linguistica s long experience in bilingual lexicography.
It offers the reader complete lexicographic treatment and accurate translations for every word, as well as an extensive series of notes. The notes delve into word meanings and even explain different nuances that a term may take on in the jargons of different fields.
Most Significant Changes
* new terms and expressions, with special emphasis on fiscal terminology, on major innovations in the markets and in financial instruments and on e-business;
* keywords from new economic and management theory;
* idioms, compounds, acronyms, abbreviations have been promoted to headwords, as have the names of organizations, institutions, and government bodies in Italy, English-speaking countries, and the European Community;
* more than 5,000 explanatory notes on international institutes, standards, and procedures;
* complete analysis of International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
* differences in terminology between British English and American English;
* appendix of basic phrases for meetings, presentations, and negotiations.
* 60,000 headwords
* more than 5,000 usage notes
* headwords for acronyms, abbreviations, and the names of organizations, institutions, and government bodies in Italy, English-speaking countries, and the European Community
* terminological distinctions between British English and American English
* appendix with outlines of most frequently occurring business situations.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro French & European Pubns, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0785988815