Do more with WordPress – in less time!
This is the most complete, coherent, and practical guide to succeeding with WordPress 3.1 and WordPress.com’s hosted services. The authors help you efficiently design, secure, and manage your blog, and add powerful features to attract visitors and build thriving communities. Get comfortable with WordPress, leverage its immense power, and customize it to your unique needs—no matter how large your blog grows, or how complex your content management challenges are!
· Start your WordPress blog right, to avoid hassle and rework later
· Make your blog’s appearance stand out from the crowd
· Use QuickPress to create new posts in no time
· Make your posts easier to find and more useful to casual visitors
· Revamp your whole blog in minutes with themes
· Use HTML and CSS “power tools” to add advanced blog features
· Engage readers with comments, polls, and ratings
· Manage teams of blog administrators, editors, authors, and contributors
· Use WordPress Statistics and Google Analytics to understand and grow your audience
· Add graphics and media to your blog posts
· Work with a hosting provider that runs WordPress software for you
· Create new blog networks with WordPress Multisite
· Integrate social networking features with BuddyPress
· Find, test, activate, and use powerful third-party plug-ins
· Build your own themes and plug-ins
All In Depth books offer:
· Comprehensive coverage with detailed solutions
· Troubleshooting help for tough problems you can’t fix on your own
· Outstanding authors recognized worldwide for their expertise and teaching style
Learning, reference, problem-solving...the only WordPress book you need!
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Bud Smith wrote his first book for Que about buying computers fifteen years ago—and had
to do his online research for it using dial-up Internet. Since then, he’s lived and worked in
Silicon Valley; London, England; Auckland and Christchurch, New Zealand; San Francisco and
Oakland, California, and written a dozen more books. And he does most of his online work at
broadband speeds—except when he’s using the Web on his cell phone, which is as slow as his
old dial-up modem. Bud runs a WordPress-based blog at RunawayDaily.com.
Michael McCallister is devoted to the idea that technology need not be feared and can be mastered
by anyone. He has been writing about technology in general, and open source software
in particular, for the whole of the twenty-first century, and part of the previous century, too.
He tries to help build the open source community, from which derives WordPress and so much
else that is good, true, and pure in life (the parts of life that run on computers, anyway). While
Bud has moved hither and yon, Michael has lived the relatively boring, stable life in the central
United States (Milwaukee, Madison, and Boulder). Michael has been running “Notes from the
Metaverse” on WordPress since 2006 at metaverse.wordpress.com. Find out more at www.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Que Publishing, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 2. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0789741075
Descrizione libro Que Publishing, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110789741075
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97807897410731.0
Descrizione libro Que Publishing, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0789741075
Descrizione libro QUE, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 2nd edition. 600 pages. 9.25x7.25x1.25 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria zk0789741075
Descrizione libro Que Publishing. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0789741075 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0437234