Completely updated for today's market, the classic guide to mergers and acquisitions, "Mergers and Acquisitions from A to Z", demystifies the entire process. The book provides extensive information on the entire transaction, and covers the latest trends and best practices. For those already involved in M&A deals or simply considering a move in that direction, this book is a must-have resource.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
"Mergers and acquisitions are among the most powerful and versatile growth tools employed by companies of all sizes and in all industries. A well-timed purchase or a well-planned merger can boost both the immediate financial position and the long-term outlook for your organization.
Conversely, these transactions can quickly spell your company’s doom if they are not conceived and executed carefully, legally, and sensibly. Whether you’re an M&A veteran or find yourself at the table for the first time, it’s crucial to have an authoritative, soup-to-nuts reference to guide you through the many complex steps involved in these major business strategies.
Mergers & Acquisitions from A to Z is a practical, hands-on resource for M&A participants on all sides of the transaction. The fully updated second edition covers the latest trends and best practices for structuring profitable deals, new rules and regulations in the age of the Sarbanes-Oxley act, and more. Clear and jargon-free, this authoritative book begins with a thorough overview, and then gives you extensive knowledge of the entire transaction process including:
* Preparing for a Merger or Acquisition and Initiating the Deal. Understanding both the seller’s and buyer’s perspective is key, regardless of what your own role is in the transaction.
* Preliminary Considerations and Documentation. The authors present the pros and cons of creating a letter of intent, and how to decide which kind to use (binding, non-binding, or hybrid).
* Due Diligence. A thorough legal, financial, and operational analysis of the target business will identify and quantify any areas of concern.
* Regulatory Considerations. These include general areas such as environmental, antitrust, securities, and others, as well as those issues specific to your industry or the situation.
* Structuring the Deal. The architecture of the transaction will have profound effects on tax, accounting, shareholder, and other financial considerations for all the businesses involved.
*Valuation and Pricing. Learn which valuation methods to use, and why the established value is only one component in calculating the actual purchase price.
* Financing. How to determine if seller financing, venture capital, securities, and/or other alternatives are proper choices for your transaction.
The book also offers complete sample documents including acquisition agreements and other legally required papers, strategies for alleviating post-closing challenges, and ""managing the deal-killers,"" the all-too-common mistakes and pitfalls that can derail even the most promising mergers and acquisitions. Finally, the authors take a look at a few of the alternatives to the M&A approach, including joint ventures, franchising, licensing, strategic alliances, and many others.
The power your company can generate in concert with another is immense. With Mergers & Acquisitions from A to Z, you’ve got the crucial information and versatile tools to make the connection stronger, more durable, and more profitable for all involved."From the Inside Flap:
The power your company can generate in concert with another is immense. But mergers and acquisitions are incredibly complicated, involving issues ranging from valuation and deal structure to tax and securities laws. And things have only gotten more complicated in the increasingly global, post-Madoff era.
A comprehensive, hands-on resource—now fully revised and updated—the third edition of Mergers and Acquisitions from A to Z shows you how to get M&A deals done right.Containing valuable tools, checklists, and sample documents, the book spells out the latest trends and developments in middle-market M&A best practices, and walks you through every step of the deal, from preliminary considerations to due diligence, through each and every piece of necessary documentation, all the way to closing.
The book explains key market conditions and trends, how to understand and take into consideration the motivations of each party, and ways to evaluate possible alternative paths to achieving growth goals and objectives.
Written in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand, nontechnical voice, and presenting creative strategies for structuring and financing M&A transactions during turbulent market conditions, this long-trusted guide reveals how to boost both the immediate financial position and the long-term outlook for your organization. The book provides a thorough overview of the entire process, showing you how to:
· Prepare for and initiate the deal, understanding both the buyer’s and seller’s perspective on the transaction
· Create a letter of intent, as well as understanding which kind to use (binding, nonbinding, or hybrid)
· Conduct up-to-the-minute due diligence in line with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, performing a thorough legal, financial, and operational analysis, as well as identifying and quantifying areas of concern
· Take into account regulatory considerations, such as environmental, antitrust, securities, and others, as well as those specific to your industry
· Structure the deal with a proper understanding of the profound effects the transaction will have on your organization’s taxes, shareholders, accounting, and other financial considerations
· Determine which valuation methods to use and why the established value is only one component in calculating the actual purchase price
· Obtain financing even under turbulent market conditions, and decide if seller financing, venture capital, securities, or other alternatives are the proper choice for your transaction
Illustrating what works and why with case studies and war stories, the book brings you up to speed on the essential steps and guidelines behind well-executed M&A transactions.
Whether you’re a novice or a veteran to the complex world of mergers and acquisitions, this book ensures that you have a thorough understanding of the latest key economic trends and market conditions that may affect your deal...and gives you the assurance you need to get the deal done smoothly and ensure post-transaction success.
Andrew Sherman is a partner in the M&A department at Jones Day, a global law firm with over 2,500 lawyers in 40 capital markets finance centers. He is internationally recognized as an authority on the legal and strategic issues of growing companies and on mergers and acquisitions in the middle market. An adjunct professor in the MBA programs at Georgetown and the University of Maryland, he is the author of Raising Capital and Franchising and Licensing.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro AMACOM, 2006. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Never used!. Codice libro della libreria P11081440880X
Descrizione libro AMACOM. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 081440880X 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. Codice libro della libreria Z081440880XZN
Descrizione libro AMACOM. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. 081440880X New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW7.1840791