"The relationships you have with your coworkers can determine not just how pleasant your 9-to-5 life is, but also your ability to get your job done, and even your long-term career success. Packed with real-life strategies for engaging even the most difficult people, A Survival Guide for Working with Humans includes interactive quizzes, true-to-life problem and conflict scenarios, and helpful profiles of common personality types. Covering everything from knowing when to speak up (and how), to gracefully navigating through uncomfortable but necessary confrontations, this book is an essential guide no human should be without.
“This book goes way beyond counting to ten before you say something you regret! Dr. Scott offers a treasure trove of no-nonsense ways to deal with difficult people and situations in the workplace.”
-- Susan Urquhart-Brown, Career and Business Coach, Principal, Career Steps Consulting in Oakland, CA
""Gini has done it again . . . she's identified many of the all-too-common workplace situations (and people) that make us crazy, and come up with thoughtful, practical solutions based on long experience. Her book provides new insights for all of us who occasionally have days when we'd rather stay in bed than face our coworkers' behaviors.""
-- Shari Dunn, Managing Principal, CompAnalysis"
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Gini Graham Scott, Ph.D. is the founder and director of Changemakers and Creative Communications & Research. She is the author of thirty-five books, including Work with Me!: Resolving Everyday Conflict in Your Organization. She wrote the Work It Right! column, upon which this book is based, for the Oakland Tribune. She lives in Oakland, California.Contenuti:
I. An Aggressive Species
1. When Sweet Revenge Isn’t So Sweet
2. Watch Out for the Eggshells
3. Don’t Fight -- Find Out!
4. When to Turn Down the Volume -- or Find Someone Else to Do it
5. When a Problem Spirals out of Control
6. Be Prepared for the Worst-Case Scenario
7. When Doing Nothing is the Best Solution
8. Keep it Clear, Clear, Clear
II. Political Animals
9. Choosing Your Battles
10. Watch Out for Confidences
11. When You’re Not in the Family
12. Dealing with Unearned Praise
13. The Blame Game
III. When Ethics Rears its Ugly Head
14. Don’t Let them Ethics You
15. When Someone Wants to Change the Rules
16. When there’s a Betrayer in the Group
17. Finders Keepers -- or Not?
18. Fraud Happens
IV. People Who Ask Too Much
19. The Great Communicator -- Not!
20. Learning to Let ‘em Go 21. The Give and Take Paradox
22. When Nothing Seems to Work, It’s Time to Go Legal
23. Passing the Responsibility Buck
24. Get out When You Can
25. Dealing with the Boss from Hell
V. Capturing and Keeping the Job
26. Beating the Recommendation Game
27. Knowing when to Back Off -- Don’t Push a Negotiation to Far.
28. What to Do when Everything Seems to Be Going Wrong
29. When to Keep Your Cards to Yourself
30. Watch out for Warning Signs
31. Don’t Resign Yourself -- Redesign Yourself
32. Be a Problem Solver -- Theirs Not Yours
VI. Putting it Together
33. Mastering Your Survival Skills
34. What’s Your Survival Quotient -- A Self-Assessment Quiz"
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro AMACOM. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0814472052 Ships promptly. Codice libro della libreria HCI7616BCGG060217H0193
Descrizione libro AMACOM, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0814472052
Descrizione libro AMACOM, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. 1. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0814472052
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Codice libro della libreria 97808144720571.0
Descrizione libro AMACOM, 2004. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110814472052
Descrizione libro AMACOM. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0814472052 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.1361744