Modern engineering and physical science applications demand a thorough knowledge of applied mathematics, particularly special functions. These typically arise in applications such as communication systems, electro-optics, nonlinear wave propagation, electromagnetic theory, electric circuit theory, and quantum mechanics. This text systematically introduces special functions and explores their properties and applications in engineering and science.
- Preface to the Second Edition
- Preface to the First Edition
- Notation for Special Functions
- Infinite Series, Improper Integrals, and Infinite Products
- The Gamma Function and Related Functions
- Other Functions Defined by Integrals
- Legendre Polynomials and Related Functions
- Other Orthogonal Polynomials
- Bessel Functions
- Bessel Functions of Other Kinds
- Applications Involving Bessel Functions
- The Hypergeometric Function
- The Confluent Hypergeometric Functions
- Generalized Hypergeometric Functions
- Applications Involving Hypergeometric-Type Functions
- Appendix: A List of Special Function Formulas
- Selected Answers to Exercises
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Larry C. Andrews is a professor of mathematics at the University of Central Florida, a member of its Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and associate member of its Center for Research and Education in Optics and Lasers (CREOL). His interests include laser beam propagation through random media, detection theory, and signal processing.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro SPIE Publications 1997-11-01, 1997. Hardcover. Condizione libro: good. 2. 0819426164. Codice libro della libreria 534146
Descrizione libro SPIE Publications. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Very Good. Light wear to edges and pages. Cover and spine show no easily noticeable damage. Codice libro della libreria G0819426164I4N00