From the shores of Cape Cod to the marinas of Newport, this guide covers all six states - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. It includes: comprehensive coverage of Boston and outlying areas; best places to view Fall foliage and Spring blossoms; accommodation options from campgrounds to the Ritz; background on colonial history, art and culture; outdoor activities such as kayaking, mountain-biking and hiking; 61 detailed maps including states, cities and state parks; and 16 pages of colour photos. The guide contains all the features of the "Travel survival kits" with information needed for a visit on any budget: getting there and around; history and culture; accommodation; local cuisine; places and times to visit; prices to pay; flora and fauna; language tips; health and safety advice and indispensable maps.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
*We update our guidebooks by visiting thousands of places in person to get the details right and tell it as it is.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
Nobody covers the world like Lonely Planet.' --New York Post, May 2004
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Lonely Planet, 1996. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 0864422652
Descrizione libro Lonely Planet, 1996. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria 864422652