This new language guide demysitifies the "mother tongue" for English-speaking visitors to Britain. It includes chapters on dialects and accents, as well as Scottish and Welsh, and an extensive vocabulary list.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"...Lonely Planet phrase books have long taken a hip, streetwise approach." -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 27, 2004
"Lonely Planet Phrasebooks. Portable, pocket-size, cheap, and available for almost any country you might want to visit..." -- National Geographic Traveler, September 2006
Descrizione libro Lonely Planet Publications, 1999. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110864424841
Descrizione libro Lonely Planet Publications. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: New. 0864424841 New Condition. Codice libro della libreria NEW6.0549068
Descrizione libro Lonely Planet Publications, 1999. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria DADAX0864424841