The False Messiah is Volume I of a monumental history of the Israel-Palestine conflict, Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews, by a seasoned reporter with a vast first-hand knowledge of the Middle East. It is the first book to put the struggle for Palestine into its global context—to show how all the pieces of a complicated jig-saw puzzle fit together. It’s also the first ever account of events to address the motives, needs, and dilemmas faced by all sides: diaspora Jews’ real fear of Holocaust II; the Palestinian right to justice and self-determination; the legitimate anger of the Arab masses at American support for Zionism right or wrong; and the inevitable corruption and repression of the regimes of the existing Arab Order who, fearing harsher Israeli assaults, have tried to contain them. As a former BBC Panorama and ITN Middle East correspondent, Alan Hart knew and interviewed most of the main players in the Israel-Palestine conflict (Golda Meir, Moshe Dayan, Shimon Peres, Yasser Arafat and other PLO leaders, George Habash, Nasser, King Hussein of Jordan, King Feisal of Saudi Arabia, and many others). He also exhibits a wealth of research into a full spectrum of viewpoints, to unearth how and by whom the levers of US policy in the Middle East have been pulled from pre-creation of Israel to the end of the Clinton era. Hart takes us well beyond the existing written record, weaving events play by play/player by player, prying out the motivating factors and sequences of events which the surface flow of official histories leave uncovered, where, truly, the devil is in the details. This series is key to understanding US/Israeli relations as developed over the long term, and who has been the primary determiner of policy in the region.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Points of interest:
* Hart may be one of the few persons to have known, many on a friendship basis, most of the main players in the Israel-Palestine conflict.
* Numerous unique insights and new historical data unavailable in existing works on the history of Zionism. He quotes many anti-Zionist Jews--including Albert Lillienthal, Lenni Brenner, Ralph Schoenman.
* First ever account of events to empathize with all sides
* The work is highly documented, citing a wide range of sources (political leadership, mainstream and revisionist scholars and biographers/autobiographies, military intelligence, etc.) from all sides of the spectrum (Israeli, Palestinian, Arab World, US, UK, Europe), produces a unique and authoritative, indeed epic, presentation.
* For years, Alan Hart held a key journalistic role as a Middle East correspondent for BBC and ITV. He had personal access to the thoughts of most of the prominent actors in the Middle East on all sides of the fence, within governments, within liberation movements, and even within military intelligence.
* Hart's political acuity, access to leading actors, broad humanitarianism, and commitment to a resolution of conflict in the Middle East was sufficient for him to be selected as a secret interlocutor between Carter and Peres in an effort to find peace for the region.
This is the first volume in the series ZIONISM, THE REAL ENEMY OF THE JEWS, an epic journey through the propaganda lies and the documented truth of history as it relates to the making and sustaining of what has come to be called the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
Alan Hart's message to all Westerners, Americans above all, and Jewish Americans especially? Almost everything you have been conditioned to believe about the making and sustaining of conflict in the Middle East is not true. Israel's existence has never--ever--been in danger from any combination of Arab military force. Zionism's assertion that Israel's Jews have lived in constant danger of being "driven into the sea" was the propaganda cover that allowed Israel (a Zionist, not a Jewish state) to get away where it mattered most--in Europe and America-- with presenting its aggression as self-defence and itself as the victim when, actually, it was and remains the oppressor.
A former ITN and BBC Panorama correspondent, Alan Hart has a vast amount of first-hand knowledge of the conflict in and over Palestine, where an implanted little Israel expanded to a Greater Israel. Over more than three decades he enjoyed intimate access to, and on the human level friendship with, many of the leaders on both sides, and in particular, Golda Meir, Mother Israel, and Yasser Arafat, Father Palestine.
Hart's book Arafat, Terrorist or Peacemaker?, first published in 1984, invited readers to consider the proposition that the PLO leader was ready, willing and able to make peace on terms which any rational government and people in Israel would accept with relief.
Hart was also a participant at leadership level in the secret politics of the search for peace (as an intermediary between Arafat and Israeli opposition leader Shimon Peres when it was presumed that Peres would become prime minister and deny Menachem Begin a second term in that office).
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro WORLD FOCUS PUBLISHING, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. Codice libro della libreria P110955020700
Descrizione libro WORLD FOCUS PUBLISHING, 2005. Hardcover. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria M0955020700