Older, Wiser, Sexually Smarter recognizes that the sexual scripts most of us learned as children are painfully inadequate for our lives as older adults. These scripts, instructing each of us how to think, feel, and act as male or female persons, commonly focus on the reproductive function of sex, define sex as penetrative intercourse only, stereotype gender roles, portray sex as for the young, discount gay, lesbian and bisexual persons, and generally discourage positive sexual attitudes. Such scripts need to be challenged.
In addition, many life changes require people to develop new expectations for their sexual lives. Loss of a partner through death or divorce, a variety of illnesses and disabilities, new relationships, even the attitudes of one s own children may require a new view of oneself as a sexual person.
These lessons encourage participants to identify the issues that confront them, re-think their old scripts, and consider how to create new and positive ways of being sexual as they age. Older, Wiser, Sexually Smarter includes three useful timelines, and includes lessons that address additional concerns including: intimacy and communication issues; masturbation; body image; spirituality; cyber sex, and how to talk about sex with your physician.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Sexuality In Mid & Later Life: An Introductory Lesson
2. What s So Funny? Laughing At Ourselves What Jokes Tell Us about Sex Over 50
3. Sexuality Today: The Changes We ve Seen
4. Sages through The Ages: Advice from the Past, Questions for the Present
5. Reflections: Past, Present, & Future
6. Five Generations of Change: Looking Backward & Forward
7. People in My Life: Charting a Personal Network
8. Everyone Grows Older: Sexuality Issues for People Who Are Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual
9. Sexuality...What s Spirituality Got to Do With It?
10. Get a Second Wind: Women & Sexuality at Mid & Later Life
11. Get a Second Wind: Men & Sexuality at Mid & Later Life
12. Getting in Touch with Your Senses
13. Skin Hunger: Everyone Needs Touch
14. Every Body Deserves Respect: Love the Skin You re In!
15. A Touchy Subject: Masturbation in Mid & Later Life
16. It s History! 25,000 Years of Sexual Aids
17. Good Sex : What Makes It So?
18. Talk about Sex
19. Intimately Speaking
20. Conversations about Sex: Skills to Navigate Challenging & Turbulent Waters
21. Sexual Decisions after 50: What s Your Opinion?
22. Looking for Love Later in Life
23. Not Only for the Young: Mix & Match Safer Sex Activities for Older Adults
24. Safer Cyber Sex: Exploring Online Relationships
25. From Problems to Possibilities: Sexuality, Aging, Disabilities, & Chronic Illness
26. What s Up, Doc? Talking with Your Physician about Sex
27. Grandparents: Sexuality Educators Par Excellence
28. Your Parent Can Love Again: Encouraging Healthy Sexuality for Widowed Parents
29. A Guide for Centers & Caregivers: Being Sensitive & Sensible about Sexual Expression
30. For the Whole World: A Vision of Sexual Rights
Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Older, Wiser, Sexually Smarter offers 30 complete lesson plans for teaching about sexuality and sexual health in an interactive and fun manner. The topics cover the entire gamut, from basic information to sexual experiences for people with chronic illness to sexual rights in nursing homes. This is a must read for sexuality educators around the world. --Beverly Whipple, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, Co-Author, The Science of Orgasm, The Orgasm Answer Guide, &The G Spot: And Other Discoveries about Human Sexuality
Lucky are the Baby Boomers who gave us free love and Woodstock to have a blueprint for how to be sexually fulfilled for the second half of their lives. --Susie Wilson, MS.Ed.
Sex education just blasted through the age barrier with the publication of Older, Wiser, Sexually Smarter! These topnotch sexuality educators have written a comprehensive book that is both sophisticated and fun. From dating decisions to long-term lovers, this information is so solid that people under 50 will want to crash these sex ed lessons. This is a book for educators and learners who want healthy sexuality to last a lifetime and who know that sexy grandmother is not an oxymoron! --Sallie Foley, LMSW, Author of Sex and Love for Grownups and former columnist for AARP - The Magazine
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.
Descrizione libro Planned Parenthood of Greater Northern New Jersey, 2009. Paperback. Condizione libro: New. book. Codice libro della libreria M0984301402
Descrizione libro Planned Parenthood of Greater Northern New Jersey, 2009. Paperback. Condizione libro: Brand New. 258 pages. 10.90x8.40x0.60 inches. In Stock. Codice libro della libreria 0984301402