Railway Stations Opened in 1958: Gatwick Airport Railway Station, Laburnum Railway Station, Melbourne, Heatherdale Railway Station, Melbourne

 
9781155255996: Railway Stations Opened in 1958: Gatwick Airport Railway Station, Laburnum Railway Station, Melbourne, Heatherdale Railway Station, Melbourne

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 111. Not illustrated. Chapters: Gatwick Airport Railway Station, Laburnum Railway Station, Melbourne, Heatherdale Railway Station, Melbourne, Uic-Halsted, Kasumigaseki Station, Gare Des Brotteaux, Naka-Oguni Station, Tsugaru-Futamata Station, Ploshchad Lenina, Vdnkh, Rizhskaya, Imabetsu Station, ?kawadai Station, ?dai Station, Minmaya Station, Clinton, Pulaski, Illinois Medical District, Kedzie-Homan, Western, Alexeyevskaya, Ensh?-By?in Station, Racine, Prospekt Mira, Cicero, Brussels National Airport Railway Station, Ørneberget Station, California, Kutuzovskaya, Hässelby Strand Metro Station, Chernyshevskaya, Kärrtorp Metro Station, Hässelby Gård Metro Station, ?karibe Station, Hammarbyhöjden Metro Station, Björkhagen Metro Station, Farsta Metro Station. Excerpt: Gatwick Airport railway station - There have been two Gatwick stations approximately sited 0.85 miles (1.37 km) from each other. The station, originally named Gatwick , was built on the present site in September 1891 to serve the Gatwick Racecourse, which originally operated only on race days. The facilities included passing loops and sidings to hold race trains without impeding the Brighton Main Line. The sidings were extended during the First World War to be able to accommodate munitions trains heading for Newhaven. From 1946 until 1958 Gatwick station was renamed Gatwick Racecourse, even though racing had been abandoned in 1940 and not been re-instated after the Second World War. In fact the station had fallen out of use following the opening of the original Tinsley Green/Gatwick airport station (described below). However, during the early 1950s the airport was expanded and took over the land occupied by the racecourse, and the station was rebuilt and integrated with the new airport terminal. The new buildings opened on 27 May 1958 with a regular train service, and ...

Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.

(nessuna copia disponibile)

Cerca:



Inserisci un desiderata

Se non trovi il libro che cerchi su AbeBooks possiamo cercarlo per te automaticamente ad ogni aggiornamento del nostro sito. Se il libro è ancora reperibile da qualche parte, lo troveremo!

Inserisci un desiderata