District of Gaza: Al-Faluja, Iraq Al-Manshiyya, Al-Masmiyya Al-Kabira, Hamama, Burayr, Karatiyya, Julis, Gaza, Bayt Tima, Huj, Isdud, Qa

9781155347905: District of Gaza: Al-Faluja, Iraq Al-Manshiyya, Al-Masmiyya Al-Kabira, Hamama, Burayr, Karatiyya, Julis, Gaza, Bayt Tima, Huj, Isdud, Qa

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 25. Chapters: Al-Faluja, Arab Suqrir, Hamama, Iraq al-Manshiyya, Summil, Al-Masmiyya al-Kabira, Bayt Tima, Karatiyya, Burayr, Julis, Gaza, Huj, Isdud, Qastina, Barbara, Gaza, Kawkaba, Bayt Daras, Simsim, Gaza, Bayt Jirja, Ibdis, Najd, Gaza, Kawfakha, Dayr Sunayd, Dimra, Yasur, Gaza, Iraq Suwaydan, Al-Sawafir al-Shamaliyya, Al-Jiyya, Al-Muharraqa, Hiribya, Al-Jura, Al-Batani al-Sharqi, Hatta, Gaza, Tall al-Turmus, Al-Khisas, Gaza, Al-Masmiyya al-Saghira, Barqa, Gaza, Al-Sawafir al-Gharbiyya, Al-Sawafir al-Sharqiyya, Al-Jaladiyya, Jusayr, Hulayqat, Bayt 'Affa, Bil'in, Gaza, Al-Batani al-Gharbi, Ni'ilya. Excerpt: al-Faluja (Arabic: ‎) was an Arab village in the British Mandate of Palestine, located 30 kilometers northeast of Gaza City. The village and the neighbouring village of Iraq al-Manshiyya formed part of the Faluja pocket, where 4,000 Egyptian troops were besieged for four months by the newly established Israel Defense Forces. The 1949 Armistice Agreements allowed for a peaceful transfer of the pocket to Israeli control, and the return of Egyptian troops to Gaza. Following the agreements, the Arab residents of the pocket slowly left their homes. The Israeli town of Kiryat Gat, as well as the moshav Revaha, border the site of the former town. The town was founded on a site that had been known as "Zurayq al-Khandaq", named "Zurayq" from the blue-colored lupin that grew in the vicinity. Its name was changed to "al-Faluja" in commemoration of a Sufi master, Shahab al-Din al-Faluji, who settled near the town after migrating there from Iraq in the 14th century. He died in al-Faluja and his tomb was visited by Arab geographer al-Bakri al-Siddiqi who journeyed through Palestine in the mid-18th century. In 1596, it was under the administration of the nahiya of Gaza, part of the Sanjak of Gaza with a population of 413. It paid taxes on...

Le informazioni nella sezione "Riassunto" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.

(nessuna copia disponibile)

Cerca:



Inserisci un desiderata

Se non trovi il libro che cerchi su AbeBooks possiamo cercarlo per te automaticamente ad ogni aggiornamento del nostro sito. Se il libro è ancora reperibile da qualche parte, lo troveremo!

Inserisci un desiderata