Anthology for Musical Analysis
Offerto da altre LibrerieMostra tutte le copie di questo libro
Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: A landmark collection of over 200 complete musical compositions and movements, ranging from the Middle Ages to the present, ANTHOLOGY FOR MUSICAL ANALYSIS offers first- and second-year music theory students a wealth of illustrations of chords, voice-leading techniques, and forms, plus some material for figured-bass realization and score reading. Because this book takes no theoretical position, it is adaptable to any theoretical approach and to any type of curriculum, including those that combine theory study with music literature and the history of musical style. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_new_0495916072
Su questo libro:
About This Edition
The new edition features new repertoire, including pieces by Giacomo Carissimi, J. S. Bach, W. A. Mozart, Franz Schubert, Robert Schumann, Frédéric Chopin, Giuseppe Verdi, Johannes Brahms, Gabriel Fauré, Arnold Schoenberg, Sergei Prokofiev, Aaron Copland, Dmitri Shostakovich, Elliott Carter, and Milton Babbitt.
- The website will include pieces that instructors can use to supplement the course.
- Two indexes serve as "example finders," locating by page and measure number many examples in the music of chords, harmonic and contrapuntal devices, musical forms and genres, and many other technical elements. Instructors will find this feature particularly useful to quickly find examples of what they want to teach.
- Each musical form (e.g., sonata form, rondo, variations, fugue, etc.) is represented by numerous examples progressing from simple to complex, providing students with a wide range of pieces to study.
- A glossary of foreign terms and expressions adds cultural context and defines relevant vocabulary for students.
- Burkhart includes works from more than 50 different composers and more than 200 complete musical compositions, providing a thorough sampling of styles for comparison and selections from which to choose. Although arranged chronologically, the pieces can be taught in the order that best suits the instructor's needs.
See this title's supplement:
Harmony and Voice Leading (Fourth Edition)
Charles Burkhart is an internationally recognized scholar in Schenkerian analysis, a pianist, and the author of ANTHOLOGY FOR MUSICAL ANALYSIS. He is also co-author of A NEW APPROACH TO KEYBOARD HARMONY and author of articles and reviews in The Music Review, Perspectives of New Music, Journal of Music Theory, and The Music Forum.
William Rothstein first joined Charles Burkhart as co-author of ANTHOLOGY FOR MUSICAL ANALYSIS in its Postmodern Update, Sixth Edition. Dr. Rothstein is a professor of theory/analysis at Queens College and the Graduate Center. In addition to his book, PHRASE RHYTHM IN TONAL MUSIC, which received an ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award and the Society for Music Theory's Young Scholar Award, Dr. Rothstein has published numerous articles.
Titolo: Anthology for Musical Analysis
Casa editrice: Cengage Learning
Data di pubblicazione: 2011
Legatura: Soft cover
Condizione libro: New
Metodi di pagamento
Metodi di pagamento accettati
Lewiston, NY, U.S.A.
Libreria AbeBooks dal 7 maggio 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
Condizioni di spedizione:
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.