Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: David Muench, who has been shooting Texas for over thirty years, reckons that the Big Bend area of Texas is his favorite photographic locality in the world. He makes an annual pilgrimage there and never fails to bring back fresh epiphanies and photographic blessings. In addition, David Muench in Texas gives full and lustrous treatment to the Texas Hill Country, the Gulf Coast, and the Eastern Bayous. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: Biggest of the lower 48 states, the Lone Star State boasts plenty of variety in its natural landscape. Each of Texas's five landscape regions -- the Gulf Coastal Plain, the Rolling Plains, the High Plains, the Hill Country, and the Basin and Range -- is amply represented in this portfolio of master photographer, David Muench. For TEXAS, Muench picks his favorite hundred from the thousands of pictures he has shot in Texas every year for fifty years.
* The Gulf Coastal Plain is ringed by the barrier islands and lagoons of the Texas coastline, as at the San Padre Island National Seashore and Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. This huge region ranges from the fertile valley of the lower Rio Grande and the brush country of South Texas, across sand plains laced by streams fringed with subtropical hardwoods, over rich blackland prairies and post-oak woods, to the pineywoods, salt domes, and bayous of East Texas, as seen in the Big Thicket National Preserve and Caddo Lake State Park.
* The Rolling Plains sweep from the post-oak woods of Western Cross Timbers across the reddish prairies that roll northward from cuesta to cuesta into the eastern Panhandle, where they butt against the High Plains escarpment, whose Ogallala caprock is deeply notched by the headwaters of major rivers, as in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
* The flatness of the High Plains is relieved by playas, dune fields, and a wide band of solution valleys, the Canadian Breaks, which slashes through the caprock of the northern Panhandle.
* The Hill Country encompasses the canyon-riddled fault escarpment of the Edwards Plateau, the flower-festooned and sinkhole-pocked limestone plateau, and the Llano Uplift studded with ancient granite domes, as in the Enchanted Rock State Natural Area.
* In the Basin and Range west of the Pecos, jagged spurs of the Rockies, such as the Chisos, Guadalupe, and Davis mountains, alternate with flat basins dotted with creosote and agave. Along the western border of the Trans-Pecos region, the upper Rio Grande and its tributaries cut mountain gorges, such as the Santa Elena Canyon in Big Bend National Park.
L'autore: DAVID MUENCH belongs to the world pantheon of master photographers. After studying photography at the Rochester Institute of Technology and the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, he began his career in the 1950s shooting for Arizona Highways in the near-far style of color landscape photography pioneered by his father, Josef Muench. Over the succeeding half-century, David Muench has spent more than twelve thousand days in the field. His resulting body of work, filling forty solo books, has defined the iconography of Western wilderness color photography as authoritatively as Ansel Adams did in black-and-white. This parity was recognized in the exhibition Arizona Highways: The Photography of Ansel Adams, David Muench and Jack Dykinga, which appeared at the Center for Creative Photography and the Phoenix Art Museum in 2000. In 2004, Muench received the Photographic Society of America's highest award, the Progress Award. Muench has worked in many parts of the world renowned for natural beauty, from New Zealand to Iceland, but the Big Bend area of Texas -- especially Big Bend National Park, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, Hueco Tanks State Historic Site, and Monahans Sandhills State Park -- remains his favorite photographic locality in the world.
Condizione libro: New
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Condizione libro: Fair. 1st. N/A. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Codice libro della libreria GRP78512192
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers. Hardcover. Condizione libro: GOOD. Good clean copy with no missing pages might be an ex library copy; Possibly may have minor marginal notes and or highlighting. Codice libro della libreria 2558679632
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Condizione libro: Good. 1st. N/A. Ships from Reno, NV. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Codice libro della libreria GRP87403902
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Condizione libro: Very Good. 1st. N/A. Ships from Reno, NV. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Codice libro della libreria GRP87740932
Descrizione libro Browntrout Pub. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Fair. Codice libro della libreria G1563137577I5N00
Descrizione libro Browntrout Pub. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Good. Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Codice libro della libreria G1563137577I3N00
Descrizione libro Browntrout Pub. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Good. Only lightly used. Book has minimal wear to cover and binding. A few pages may have small creases and minimal underlining. Codice libro della libreria G1563137577I3N00
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Good. No dust jacket. Possible defects such as light shelving wear may exist. May have minor creasing, writing, stickers and/or residue. COAS Books, A Bookstore for Everyone. Ships Within 24 Hours - Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Codice libro della libreria mon0000720253
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers, 1995. Hardcover. Condizione libro: Used: Very Good. Codice libro della libreria SONG1563137577
Descrizione libro Browntrout Publishers. Condizione libro: Good. good condition. Codice libro della libreria SD-12-A-6-0650