Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Codice inventario libreria
Riassunto: What is law? What is deviance? What is justice? How is justice achieved through law, punishment, and criminal justice agencies? Foundations of Criminal Justice addresses these issues utilizing a distinctive "foundations" approach. This unique approach provides students with the framework and the intellectual tools they need in order to critically analyze and evaluate the nature, sources, scope, purposes, and practical limitations of the criminal justice system. The only introductory survey text that moves beyond a description of the criminal justice system, Foundations of Criminal Justice helps students understand the role of criminal justice in their lives as criminal justice practitioners and as active citizens.
* Provides practical, real-world examples that allow students to connect theoretical ideas to actual practice in criminal justice agencies
* Draws on an interdisciplinary body of theory and current research, employing concepts from sociology, policy theory, psychology, legal theory, and philosophy
* Explores key issues including the role of morality and legal philosophy in the construction of law; the nature of deviance, social control, and criminal behavior; perspectives on the concept of justice (criminal, civil, social, and individual); the role of criminal procedure, criminal law, and criminal punishment; and the operations and limitations
* Offers rich pedagogical features including a "Case Study" feature at the beginning of each chapter exploring real-life situations; a "Focus Question" at the opening of each section that provides a framework for the forthcoming chapters; end-of-chapter "Criminal Justice Problem Solving" features examining issues and ongoing struggles within the field; and a "Photo Essay" at the opening of each unit that draws students into the material in an exciting, visual format
* Instructor's Resource CD: Contains a computerized Test Bank, PowerPoint-based lecture slides, questions for use with "clicker" technology, suggestions for assignments and in-class activities, sample syllabi, semester-length projects, teaching tips, and suggestions for how to use the book in a variety of contexts
* Companion Website (www.oup.com/us/owen): Provides a variety of resources including self-quizzes for students, brief chapter summaries, links to all the court decisions mentioned in the text, further readings, glossary flashcards, and related links
Stephen S. Owen is Professor of Criminal Justice at Radford University.
Henry F. Fradella is Professor of Law, Criminal Justice, and Forensic Studies at California State University, Long Beach.
Tod W. Burke is Professor of Criminal Justice at Radford University and Associate Dean for the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences.
Jerry W. Joplin is Professor of Justice and Policy Studies at Guilford College.
Titolo: Foundations of Criminal Justice
Casa editrice: Oxford University Press
Data di pubblicazione: 2011
Condizione libro: very good
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA. Condizione libro: Good. INSTRUCTOR COPY. May have notes, highlighting, wear and tear. Supplements not guaranteed. Please contact us if you have any questions. Codice libro della libreria 023-009867
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, USA, 2012. Condizione libro: Good. N/A. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Codice libro della libreria GRP61955954
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. PAPERBACK. Condizione libro: Good. 0195387325 Instructors edition! Item has some cover wear but otherwise in good condition!!Used texts may not include supplemental material. Codice libro della libreria Z0195387325Z3
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: Very Good. INSTRUCTOR'S EDITION. Open Books is a nonprofit social venture that provides literacy experiences for thousands of readers each year through inspiring programs and creative capitalization of books. Codice libro della libreria mon0000288980
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2011. Condizione libro: GOOD. book was well loved but cared for. Possible ex-library copy with all the usual markings and stickers. Some light textual notes, highlighting and underling. Codice libro della libreria 2740028020
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press. Paperback. Condizione libro: Fair. Codice libro della libreria G0195387325I5N00
Descrizione libro Oxford University Press, 2011. Paperback. Condizione libro: Used: Acceptable. 58628th. Instructor's Edition. Book is in overall good condition!! Cover shows some edge wear and corners are lightly worn. Pages have a minimal to moderate amount of markings. FAST SHIPPING W/USPS TRACKING!!!. Codice libro della libreria 600004541
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: good. Used products do not contain supplements and some products may include highlighting and writing. Codice libro della libreria 15845533-5
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Good. Book Condition: Good. Codice libro della libreria 97801953873224.0
Descrizione libro Condizione libro: Very Good. This book is in good condition and ready for immediate shipment to any US location by an experienced seller. CDs and Access codes and other peripherals may not be included as is the case with most used books. Thanks for shopping with us. book. Codice libro della libreria 127541