Titolo: Foundations of Criminal Justice
Casa editrice: Oxford University Press
Data di pubblicazione: 2011
Condizione libro: very good
Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Codice inventario libreria 9780195387322-3
Riassunto: What is law? What is deviance? What is justice? How is justice achieved through law, punishment, and criminal justice agencies? Foundations of Criminal Justice addresses these issues utilizing a distinctive "foundations" approach. This unique approach provides students with the framework and the intellectual tools they need in order to critically analyze and evaluate the nature, sources, scope, purposes, and practical limitations of the criminal justice system. The only introductory survey text that moves beyond a description of the criminal justice system, Foundations of Criminal Justice helps students understand the role of criminal justice in their lives as criminal justice practitioners and as active citizens.
* Provides practical, real-world examples that allow students to connect theoretical ideas to actual practice in criminal justice agencies
* Draws on an interdisciplinary body of theory and current research, employing concepts from sociology, policy theory, psychology, legal theory, and philosophy
* Explores key issues including the role of morality and legal philosophy in the construction of law; the nature of deviance, social control, and criminal behavior; perspectives on the concept of justice (criminal, civil, social, and individual); the role of criminal procedure, criminal law, and criminal punishment; and the operations and limitations
* Offers rich pedagogical features including a "Case Study" feature at the beginning of each chapter exploring real-life situations; a "Focus Question" at the opening of each section that provides a framework for the forthcoming chapters; end-of-chapter "Criminal Justice Problem Solving" features examining issues and ongoing struggles within the field; and a "Photo Essay" at the opening of each unit that draws students into the material in an exciting, visual format
* Instructor's Resource CD: Contains a computerized Test Bank, PowerPoint-based lecture slides, questions for use with "clicker" technology, suggestions for assignments and in-class activities, sample syllabi, semester-length projects, teaching tips, and suggestions for how to use the book in a variety of contexts
* Companion Website (www.oup.com/us/owen): Provides a variety of resources including self-quizzes for students, brief chapter summaries, links to all the court decisions mentioned in the text, further readings, glossary flashcards, and related links
Stephen S. Owen is Professor of Criminal Justice at Radford University.
Henry F. Fradella is Professor of Law, Criminal Justice, and Forensic Studies at California State University, Long Beach.
Tod W. Burke is Professor of Criminal Justice at Radford University and Associate Dean for the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences.
Jerry W. Joplin is Professor of Justice and Policy Studies at Guilford College.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 13 giugno 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it is described on the Abebooks web sites. If
you are dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the
order has not arrived, you are eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery
date. If you have changed your mind about a book that you have ordered, please use the Ask
bookseller a question link to contact us and we will respond within 2 business days.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Descrizione libreria: Nearfine Books is a bookseller specialised in hard-to-find and out-of-print titles. We are based in London and New York.