Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_new_0981353347
Su questo libro:
Riassunto: An updated version of the "Jalisco Condo Law in English" published in 2011. It has improved translations, plus six new sections with 80+ more pages of even more laws relevant to the administration of a condo. Includes the new 2014 tax laws!
State law has regulated condos in Jalisco since 1995, and is binding on both the condo administration and all owners. Wo uld it surprise you to learn that many condos don't follow the Jalisco condo laws?
This should concern you, because it exposes your condo to potential consequences down the road that could result in financial costs or decreased property values.
Unfortunately, many condominiums:
- don't correctly collect condo fees;
- don't hold proper owners meetings;
- don't carry out proper votes at these meetings; or
- don't have a correct administrative structure.
In most condos in Canada or the US, there's high compliance with provincial and state condo laws. The same does not occur in Mexico - especially amongst condos that are run by foreigners. The administration of these condos is often unaware of the details of the condo legislation - in some cases, the Board is unaware of the very existence of the law.
- If you're an owner, or if you're part of your condo's administration, you need to know what the law says, and what the proper procedures are.
- If you're considering buying a condo, you need the knowledge to find out if the condo is being run properly - before you buy into potential trouble.
A major part of the problem is that the condo legislation is written in Spanish, and there's no high-quality translation designed for use by foreigner-run condo administrations.
This 260+ page book contains the complete text of the Jalisco condo law translated into English
. It's presented in a unique side-by-side format, with both Spanish and English paragraphs perfectly synchronised. You can always refer to the original Spanish at any time.
As well as a high quality translation, there are in-line comments and notes to help clarify certain passages, issues, and legal terms.
A few of the topics covered by the condo legislation, and contained in this translation:
- types of condominiums & how they're created;
- format of the condo by-laws;
- definition of common property;
- rights and duties of owners;
- repairs, maintenance, and improvement work;
- duties and authority of Administrator & Council (Board);
- types of owners meetings and their purpose;
- voting at each type of meeting - they differ significantly;
- fees:- their purpose and how they should be assessed - including a requirement for reserves;
- late penalties for delinquent owners;
- disputes between owners; and
- debt collection & suing a delinquent owner.
This book also contains translations of other legislation related to condo management and day-today operation:
- limitations on collecting debts,
- income tax & IVA,
- property auctions,
- powers of attorney & proxies,
- legal signatures,
- obligations of neighbours,
- public registration of documents,
- legal entities,
- associations, and
: Road Map to the Jalisco Civil Code - an index of the entire Civil Code - every book, title, and chapter is listed.
The Road Map has three synchronised columns: the original Spanish titles, the translated English titles, and notes explaining various legal concepts, and showing the article number range for every chapter of the code.
There's much more to the Civil Code than just the parts that are relevant to a condo. With this powerful tool, you can easily find the part of the code that pertains to any topic that affects you. As well, you can quickly find the section of the code that applies if you've only been given an article number. The Road Map is also extensively indexed.
The comprehensive index lets you quickly and easily find all the references in the law to any topic about condos and their administration.
This is the perfect companion book to the " Jalisco Condo Manual
" by the same author.
Le informazioni nella sezione "Su questo libro" possono far riferimento a edizioni diverse di questo titolo.