Titolo: The Military Balance 2014
Casa editrice: Routledge
Data di pubblicazione: 2014
Legatura: Soft cover
Condizione libro: Used
This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Summary: 'Because military affairs are inevitably clouded in fog, the IISS Military Balance is an essential companion for those who seek to understand.' - Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, former UK Defence Secretary and Secretary-General of NATO. Codice inventario libreria ABE_book_usedgood_1857437225
The Military Balance 2014 contains region-by-region analysis of the major military and economic developments affecting defence and security policies and the trade in weapons and other military equipment. Detailed entries describe the military capabilities of 171 countries, displaying key equipment inventories and defence economics. Comprehensive tables detail major training activities, UN and non-UN deployments, and international comparisons of defence expenditure and military personnel.
New Features in The Military Balance 2014:
- New analytical country essays focusing on Algeria, Ethiopia, Brazil, Pakistan, North Korea and China, among others. There are also essays covering conflict analysis and conflict trends, unmanned systems in the land, sea and air domains, and on measuring cyber capabilities.
- Updated graphics feature on comparative defence statistics, with a focus on defence economics, defence industry and major land, sea and air capabilities.
- Updated and expanded national capability summaries.
- An expanded table of military training exercises, arranged by region.
- Tables showing UN and non-UN peacekeeping and security deployments for 2013-14.
- New maps on France?s bases in Africa, the Afghanistan transition process, and peacekeeping operations in Africa.
- Updated Chart of Conflict, with a focus on women in conflict.
The Military Balance is the International Institute for Strategic Studies? annual assessment of the military capabilities and defence economics of 171 countries worldwide. It is a useful resource for those involved in security policy making, analysis and research.
The book is a region-by-region analysis of the major military and economic developments affecting defence and security policies, and the trade in weapons and other military equipment. Comprehensive tables detail major military training activities, UN and non-UN deployments, and give data on key equipment holdings and defence expenditure trends over a ten year period.
Metodi di pagamento
La libreria accetta i seguenti metodi di pagamento:
Libreria AbeBooks dal: 7 maggio 2014
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the AbeBooks web
sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as
Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund
within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you've changed your mind
about a book that you've ordered, please use the Ask bookseller a question link
to contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.